Photo Re-Touching and Post Production with PaintShop Pro
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, Students will have gained a good general ‘working knowledge’ of Paintshop Pro.
- Students will also have developed a good level of technical competency and practical know-how, allowing them to apply their new skill set to multiple project types, including but not limited to:
- • An established ability to navigate throughout the Paintshop Pro authoring environment.
- • Basic photographic-enhancement techniques, like ‘retouching and red eye removal’.
- • Intermediate level Photo-editing techniques, such as merging, blending, cloning and reshaping.
- • Gain an insight into Paintshop Pro’s more advanced editing capabilities.
- In order to take part in the learning exercises, your system will need to meet the following requirements.
- • A Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with the latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit editions)
- • Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 or later (multi-core processor recommended)
- • 1.5 GB RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)
- • 1 GB of available hard-disk space required (2 GB or greater recommended)
- • 1024 x 768 16-bit color display (24-bit recommended)
- • DirectX 9 or higher
- You do not require any specific ‘know-how’, qualifications, or special talents.
The course opens with a comprehensive introduction to Corel’s PaintShop Pro and delivers several ‘quick start’ hints and tips for correcting many of the issues found in amateur photographs.
The program moves gently through the gears, adopting an approach that’s more ‘show’ than ‘tell’, and within 20 minutes, Students will be manipulating images to suit a pre-specified requirement.
We have done our best to root the syllabus in the ‘real world’ and have a little fun.
The first practical ‘section’ looks at the crazy world of self improvement, using many of PaintShop Pro’s built in tools, to achieve the perfect ‘Profile Picture" Less wrinkles, more muscles, a better life, you get the idea.
The course ends with an in-depth look at some slightly more advanced concepts, as always, showing how to achieve results, rather than simply reading from the manual.
All in all, every enrolled Student will receive a well rounded guide to creating a better photograph.
Take this course, if:
- You are looking to familiarize yourself with Printshop Pro
- You’re looking to venture into photo-editing and retouching
- You like learning with a hands-on approach (the course is practical in nature)
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed primarily at Students who are new to both photo editing and Printshop Pro. With this in mind the objective is to help our Students acquire a good general knowledge of basic practices and the potential usage cases of the software.
- Do this course, if: • You are looking to familiarize yourself with Printshop Pro • You’re looking to venture into photo-editing and retouching • You like learning with a hands-on approach (the course is practical in nature)
- Do not do this course, if: • You already have a thorough knowledge of Printshop Pro
Corel has brought a spirit of innovation to the development of a range of award-winning products that includes graphics, painting, photo, video and office software. Over the past 30 years, we've earned a reputation for delivering high-quality products that are easy to learn and use, and help people achieve new levels of productivity. But more than that, we've built a relationship with a community of users—now 100 million strong—who have amazed and delighted us with everything they create using our software. Corel's product line includes CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Painter®, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, PaintShop® Pro, VideoStudio®, WinDVD®, WordPerfect® Office and WinZip®.