Phishing Attacks & Defense
What you'll learn
- Discover what phishing REALLY is and why it's so dangerous today
- Recognize the various types of phishing attacks and the motivations behind them
- Understand the vulnerabilities in people that phishing attacks are designed to exploit
- See how phishing attacks are carried out and what they are capable of doing (through actual demonstrations)
- Learn a totally new (low-tech) method for recognizing and defending against phishing attacks
- No advanced technical experience is required, if you've ever sent or received an email this course is for you
Phishing is one of the most prevalent and dangerous forms of cyber attacks today. It impacts individuals and organizations all over the world, and even some of the most widely publicized (and damaging) data breaches / ransomware infections all started with a successful phishing attack.
Given the massive role that phishing has had in recent (and historical) high profile cyberattacks it would be reasonable to conclude that its "days are numbered". Unfortunately, the opposite appears to be true with phishing attacks continuing to grow in number and sophistication every day.
This course will help you understand exactly what phishing is (and where it all started), how phishing works (through live hacking demonstrations), and how to defend against it (using a new "low-tech" approach you've likely never seen before)!
No advanced technical knowledge is required, and if you've ever sent or received an email before you're ready to take the course!
No matter who you are, learning to defend against phishing attacks is one of the smartest investments you can possibly make when it comes to cyber self-defense, and the skills you learn in this course are likely to serve you well into the future.
If you're and employer, providing this training to employees serves as a "win-win" as the skills they learn in this course can easily be applied to their personal lives as well as their professional ones.
To summarize, there has never been a better time to develop the skills needed to recognize and defend against phishing attacks, and this concise and engaging course was created to help you do just that!
Who this course is for:
- Everyone from families, students, senior adults, business professionals, and even IT / Cyber professionals will gain something valuable from this course
- This course is also an excellent option for employers looking to provide cybersecurity awareness training to staff
Roger Galitz is an IT Professional specializing in cyber / digital forensics and security.
With over 20 years of professional experience serving in a wide range of organizations including law enforcement, engineering, telecommunications, non-profit, education, managed services, and software development, he has had the opportunity to encounter and solve a range of complex technical challenges throughout his career.
Roger recently founded the company "5shield" which provides a wide range of cyber forensic and security services that are then used to inform cyber defense training courses with an emphasis on doing the "right things" rather than just "good things".