Philosophy and Psychology for the 21st Century
What you'll learn
- Increase happiness and well being
- Improve relationships
- Increase equanimity
- Let go of life's trivialities in favor of the big picture
- Generally increase thoughtfulness and wisdom in approching all of life's challenges
- A basic interest in philosophy and gaining wisdom
The word PHILOSOPHY literally means "The Love of Wisdom".
Unfortunately, what the word PHILOSOPHY for a lot of people has come to be connected to is boring lectures from boring professors and a lot of very confusing technical jargon.
In this course, we are going to explore the PRACTICAL side of philosophy, and focus on HOW IT CAN BE USED TO IMPROVE OUR LIVES.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
1. What ancient philosophy has to teach us
2. How to apply the best of ancient philosophy to our lives in the 21st century
3. What the Renessiance and Enlightenment have to teach us
4. How to apply the best ideas of the Renessiance and Enlightenment to our lives in the 21st century
5. Some of the most useful ideas that the greatest thinkers and philosophers throughout time have shared with the world, but that largely remain misunderstood or unused
6. How studying philosophy can change your life for the better
7. How an understanding of philosophy can increase your health, well being and happiness
8. How modern society is actually designed to decrease our happiness and well being and what to do about it
9. How to start becoming the best version of yourself and begin building the life of your dreams
10. How to avoid some of the most common causes of stress, anxiety, and fear in modern society
11. Much more!
Join the course, and learn how to apply the teachings of Philosophy from throughout the ages to your life in the 21st century!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their lives through the best ideas that the greatest thinkers in history have to offer
My courses are designed based on my many years as a teacher and student of education and business. I hold a master's degree in business education and have been designing curricula, teaching, and doing corporate training for almost 15 years.
The business, language, and chess courses that I have built on Udemy are a reflection of this experience and dedication to education. My goal is to reach as many people as possible with my courses, which is why I have chosen the internet and the Udemy platform as my ideal mode of delivery.
The following is a little more about my expertise and background. I was born and raised in Sandpoint, Idaho. I attended the University of Idaho where I earned a bachelor's degree in Business Management and Human Resources in 2004. After a few years in the work force as an account manager I moved to Vietnam where I lived for 9 years.
After arriving in Vietnam I and a small group of motivated individuals launched and ran a sports training company called Saigon Sports Academy. We coached sports such as soccer, chess, tennis, and basketball as well as ran large sporting events such as tournaments and leagues. After 5 years of building the business, I led the successful sale of the company to a local conglomorate (XLE Vietnam, owner of the Saigon Heat pro basketball franchise).
I have been fluent in the Vietnamese language for many years and enjoy teaching the language to other expats and non-native speakers. In addition, I have spent many years training with chess grandmasters in Vietnam and hope that my courses will help aspiring business people, Vietnamese language speakers, and chess players reach their goals.