PFDs, Material Balances and Separator Design
- At least 2 years of a Chemical Engineering Degree
This course will teach process engineering students and professionals, and those who often interface with process engineers, like managers or mechanical engineers, the fundamentals of PFDs, material balances and process separator design in the oil and gas industry.
This course is intended to be run as a trial for BP Azerbaijan, but anyone is welcome to take it while it's posted on Udemy. We intend to use this trial to gain feedback from you about this learning format and to, hopefully, create a full suite of process engineering and mechanical engineering training courses for engineers all over the world.
The course is short but packed with valuable information. We worked hard to condense the most pertinent and relevant information on this subject that engineers will be using in the day to day professional activities.
We hope you enjoy this first trial. If you found this valuable and would like more please leave feedback here and pass on any positive feedback to your training and development manager.
Who this course is for:
- Engineering students and Engineering professionals
- 09:17Well Compositions
- 06:35Phase Behaviour
- 03:09Heat and Material Balances
- 01:51Process Flow Diagrams
- 00:54PFDs and Material Balances Summary
- 00:36Separator Sizing Intro
- 02:40Gravity Separation
- 02:12Stokes' Theory
- 01:42Droplet Size Distributions
- 00:55Residence Time
- 02:30Calculating Volume
- 00:30Residence Times
- 01:18Putting Liquid Sizing Together
- 01:02Sizing for Liquid Separation from Gas
- 01:37Putting Gas and Liquid Sizing Together
- 01:24Gas Maximum Velocity
- 01:40Gas Side Sizing
- 02:25Getting the Final Size
- 02:26Separator Components
- 02:33Mist Eliminators
- 01:19Vertical Gravity Separators
- 04:59Level Settings
- 01:21Separator Sizing Summary
I am a process engineer with 8 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. I decided to create online training content as a means to help others overcome the professional growth and development challenges that I experienced in the hyper-competitive oil industry environment. I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to achieve their true creative potential in any field.
In the last two years I have become involved in numerous internet startups, blockchain, web development, marketing and robotics.