Pet First Aid (Advanced)
What you'll learn
- Learn how to treat a collapsed and unconscious pet animal.
- Practice how to effectively administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to a pet animal.
- Know how to recognise the signs of shock in a pet animal and how to respond.
- Understand the types of wounds, learn how to manage a bleeding patient and gain the skills to apply a limb and ear bandage to a pet animal.
- No prior knowledge required. Just a desire to want to care for pets and have the confidence to save a life!
Our informative Pet First Aid course provides pet owners, students and professionals with essential skills and knowledge to deal with emergency situations.
You will learn ways to deal with injuries, help prevent illness, as well as preserve the life of pets. Essential topics are included such as CPR, shock, bleeding, bandaging, poisoning, fractures and much more!
Our course writers are experts in their respective fields and keep up to date with the latest information in Animal Management and Veterinary Care, ensuring that you are provided with the very latest information.
Please note that first aid rules and how they are dealt with change from time to time, and it is essential that you ensure that you keep yourself up to date with this changes. If you are a pet professional we recommend that you refresh your knowledge and training every two years, or as often as your business insurance policy indicates.
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for pet owners and pet professionals.
Principal of the Animal Academy. Emma started her career in the UK as a College Lecturer in 1999, specialising in Animal Science and Welfare. She holds a Post-Graduate Certificate of Education and has had several senior management roles, including Director of Faculty.
Emma is the Owner and Founder of Duty of Care Pet Services, an Animal Ambulance service covering London and South East England. She appeared on Channel 4’s It’s Me Or The Dog as Britain’s leading dog intelligence expert, and also featured on BBC Radio’s The Barking Hour launching the Pet Alert Scheme. Emma is also a Microchip Implanter.
Emma has been writing and delivering online pet related courses to pet owners, students and professionals since 2016. Her passion for promoting animal welfare in education is enhanced in her previous roles as a National Standards Verifier for BTEC Animal Care courses and Training Director for the Hybrid Breeders Association, promoting ethical breeding of dogs.