Gardening Know How: Sustainable Pest Control
What you'll learn
- Solve insect pest issues in your yard or garden using earth friendly control methods
- Create a customized action plan that will help you effectively deal with insect pests
- Identify insects that are present in your yard or garden
- Understand that some insects are "good guys" and encourage these insects into your yard or garden
- A willingness to go outside and look at bugs is the only requirement for this course!
Throughout this course, you'll develop a customized Action Plan for dealing with insect pest that are living in your garden. This Action Plan will help you determine what insects call your yard or garden home, if they're actually causing harm, and how and when to take action.
Plus, you'll learn that there are lots of alternatives to pesticides that can lead to long-term benefits for you, your garden, and the animals that share our outdoor space. We'll also cover:
- instances when you might want to consider chemical control
- least-toxic control options
- how to tell the "good bugs" from the "bad bugs"
- using beneficial insects (aka the good bugs) to help control the pests
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for gardeners and homeowners who are concerned about controlling insect pests in a more earth friendly manner.
- This course isn't for anyone looking for in-depth knowledge on pesticides, which are covered in this course as only part of an overall control system.
I designed my first garden when I was 8 years old, using crayons, graph paper, and several of my dad's seed catalogs. Once I grew up, I decided to get serious about my hobby and earned a degree in landscape design!
Now I own my own company, LK Landscape Design, where I focus on beauty, functionality, and sustainability in both my design and maintenance services. My goal is to create spaces that fit a client's lifestyle, but that also provide food and shelter for neighborhood wildlife.