Perspective Sketching the Easy Way: From Coffee Cups to Cars
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- easily sketch products and car in perspective
- learn to boost your flow of creativity in any given moment
- learn to sketch a coffee cup using simple geometries
- learn to sketch a car in 3 different perspective views using "Cloud Sketching"
- sketch a vacuum in perspective starting with simple guidelines
- know the difference between "school book perspective sketching" & Cloud Sketching
- All you need for this course is a pen and some pieces of paper. Brand does not matter!
Hi, I'm Marouane, industrial designer originally from Stockholm, Sweden, now living and working in South Florida. Welcome to my class on perspective sketching!
What's the course about?
Many of us have seen the conventional way of sketching in perspective. Whether it's 2-point or 3 point perspective, they ALL follow certain rules. In this class, I'm going to show you a completely different way of perspective sketching that I think you will like. We are also going to cover how to unblock a sketchers block and boost your creativity.
I like to get to the point as quickly as possible and when it comes to sketching. I like to jump right into sketching the product or object instead of setting up an entire grid system of perspective guidelines.
I want to show you a technique I've been using for years now. Something I call "Cloud sketching". It's about turning your sketches and designs into "clouds" on the paper, capture the proportions and perspective with the help of ellipses and simple geometries. No grid system necessary.
Once this is done, we can start to add the details and really design our "cloud" into whatever we intended it to be. Sounds strange? It will all make sense inside the course, I promise.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone interested in drawing or sketching. It suits beginners who are just starting out with drawing as well as experienced designers and artists. I think there's something in this class for everyone, if you keep an open mind.
Thank you for taking interest in my course, I hope to see you inside.
- This perspective sketching course is for you who want to learn how to better sketch products and cars in perspective using pen and paper
In this lecture we're going to sketch a car in 3/4 REAR view using the "cloud sketching" technique.