The complete Personal Protective Equipment training
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the importance of PPE
- Grasp an understanding of both OSHA and EU regulations
- Determine both employer's and the employee's liabilites
- Know the basics of conducting a “hazard assessment” of the workplace.
- Understand the types of PPE and select appropriate PPE for a variety of circumstances.
- Identify the main requirements of both ANSI and EU PPE standards
- Put in place a robust and consistent PPE program within your organization
- No prerequisites for this course. - A computer with internet.
PPE is crucial when it comes to safety at work. PPE prevents you and your employees from injuries which some of them could be fatal. This course is designed to bring you understand the importance of PPE, know the main regulations according to OSHA and the EU and deepen your knowledge about the technical requirements of a variety of PPE types. Furthermore, this course also covers relevant aspects about the conformity of PPE put on the market.
This course is designed with an innovative approach called Understanding by Design in order to make your learning efficient and -very important- enjoyable. A set of activities to reflect on the key points will help you anchor the messages and develop your expertize.
This course is not only about knowing! It is also about developing your ability to select the appropriate PPE and put in place a consistent PPE program through its complete lifecycle.
At the end of this course, you'll be very comfortable to tackle issues and tasks related to PPE: I am sure you will be able to demonstrate your leadership on this subject, support your employees, impress your managers.
Above all, this course aims that YOU and all of us keep go back SAFE home to our beloved ones!
- This course is for anyone interested in PPE.
- More specifically, this course is intended for Safety & Health practitioners and line managers who want to improve and consolidate their knowledge about this subject.
Going through the main definitions of PPE according to OSHA & EU regulations and having an overview of the different PPE Types
Gain a deep understanding of the methodology of implementing control measures including PPE related measures
Go through the main features that will be covered in details for 4 PPE types
You'll be able to:
* identify the main hazards in relation with eye and face protection
* understand applicable EU and ANSI standards and their requirements
* select appropriate eye and face equipement based on the technical specifications and markings
* take care and fit eyewear properly
You'll be able to:
* identify the main hazards in relation with ear protection and
* understand the NRR / SNR marking, role and importance
* identify if your noise environment is within permissible limits according to OSHA or not.
* calculate the protected exposure when wearing a protective hearing device.
* take care and use protective hearing devices properly