Personal Nature Project - Discover yourself in nature
What you'll learn
- Understand the mental wellness and lifestyle benefits of time in nature
- Identify the barriers that prevent you from spending more time in nature
- Develop an intention that will guide your Personal Nature Project experience
- Experience a variety of nature-related activities and projects that immerse you in the benefits of nature
- Reconnect with a personal sense of wonder, awe and deeper connection with the world, yourself and others
- Access a simple way to eliminate the sense of overwhelm in your life
- An interest in the outdoors, plants and/or wildlife
- A desire to explore natural settings
- Time and space for self-reflection and journaling related to your PNP experience
Time in nature has the power to restore personal energy, creativity, focus and a sense of belonging. This online course will help you develop a strong nature practice in your own life. Through a series of six lessons, you will reflect on the meaning of nature in the context of personal discovery. Each lesson tees up an assignment that will help you experience nature through a variety of hands-on projects.
The course is designed for adults in all stages of life and with all ability levels. Whether you want to stay close to home and tend a container garden or travel the world to experience more of its natural beauty, it will help you set your own Personal Nature Project goals.
Your instructor, Amy Atwell, developed this course out of a deep love for nature, wildlife and wild places. She has found deeper meaning in life and a sense of peace every time she goes outside to connect with the natural world. Her passion is supporting others in deepening their connection to nature as they explore their personal paths toward self-discovery and mental well-being.
Course length: Six lessons designed to span six weeks
Designed for: Adults at all stages of life and all ability levels
Format: Video lectures, written assignments and hands-on project prompts
Who this course is for:
- Adults who want to spend more time in nature
- Anyone looking for an authentic self-care routine that you can incorporate into your daily life
- People who care about wild places and wildlife
- Artists, adventurers, mindfulness seekers, cultivators
I am a Colorado native who has always found peace and a sense of deeper meaning through my time in nature. I became a Certified Interpretive Guide in 2019 to help bring the love of nature, wildlife and wild places to others. My goal is to help you reconnect with yourself and the world around you and to support your mental well-being goals.
My personal passions are birding, bird photography, gardening, hiking and canoeing. I am learning more about foraging and trying to become a successful fisherwoman.