Personal Finance/Budgeting Basics
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- After taking this course students will be able to balance their budgets, plan for the future, and understand how to create a long term financial future.
- How to plan for your financial future
- How personalize a budget plan that you can take with you anywhere using Google Sheets (Free with any Gmail account)
- How to eliminate debt to secure your future
- How budgeting can help balance fun money and expenses
- How to get out of debt
- How to avoid financial pitfalls
- There are no tools required. It is recommended that you have access to google docs or Microsoft excel but it is not required.
In this course we will cover the basics on how to create and balance a budget. Save for the future, retire, and adjust your mindset for future financial success. 6 in 10 Americans don't have enough saved to cover an emergency. After this course, you will have the foundation built to keep you from becoming one of them. This course has helped over 1,000 students on Udemy take control of their finances.
According to MarketWatch, one out of two Americans feels concerned or anxious about their personal finances.
There’s a huge number of reasons. A lot of people have none or very little money saved up for emergencies, plus, the majority of them have substantial student loans and credit card debt. Nevertheless, a lot of issues could be prevented if these people knew how to budget.
It might seem simple: you receive this amount every month, and you spend that amount. But do you actually know where your money goes? By paying just a little attention to tracking your payments, you might realize you overspend on unnecessary things and find ways to save that you never noticed before.
A survey by Gallup shows only one-third of households in the US plan their finances and stick to the budget every month. In this personal finance course, I will teach you to do it too!
A building block for your financial future
In 2008, the world was hit by a financial crisis, and I have personally seen a lot of people struggle. They hadn’t planned ahead, and the loss or shrinkage of income affected them in tremendous ways. To help people handle their money smarter and prevent similar disasters, I have started to consult people on how to budget.
By planning your finances, you can save without needing to restrict yourself too much, and be ready for whatever comes your way, be it an emergency, a vacation, or retirement. Therefore, understanding how to budget is truly a crucial skill for any individual or household.
Simple enough for every family
When asked why people do not plan their household budget, most people say it’s just too complicated for them. However, it’s very likely they never tried. The truth is, you do not need any particular skills or software. I will explain how to make a budget spreadsheet step by step – all you will need is a little time and dedication.
Being able to plan and track your income and spending will give you control over your personal budget that you need to feel comfortable. Not only will you learn how to make a budget spreadsheet, but you’ll also find out how to make your money work for you, invest and save for retirement! As you learn how to budget step by step, you will see it’s not that hard – however, your life will change immensely!
Why it’s worth to take a personal finance course
The video lectures I have prepared will not take a lot of your time. Nevertheless, it will give you a solid foundation of understanding how to budget. As soon as you get the basics down, it’s simple enough to become a monthly habit and even a regular evening activity for the whole family.
No matter your income, making a financial plan and sticking to it is a feasible task – let’s start working for a prosperous and no-stress future now!
- This course is designed to give everyone a strong foundation for understanding how to better budget and spend their money. In doing so this course will benefit anyone looking for a better financial future.
- Anyone who is in debt and wondering how to work their way out of debt.
- Relieve stress with good personal financial management.
This video will go over the topics covered in this course and prepare you for the upcoming modules.