Simple Basics of Personal Finance
What you'll learn
- Understand and feel comfortable with the basics of the money-related elements of everyday life and how to approach financial aspects responsibly and confidently
- Learn the difference between banks, credit unions and other financial institutions, as well as savings, checking, debit cards, and credit cards.
- Examine borrowing money and the basics of loans for auto loans, home loans, paying for college and higher education, and more.
- We'll dig into other "Grown Up" stuff including payroll taxes, insurance, social security, saving for retirement, identity protection and more.
- If you're wanting a better understanding of the basics of how money is used in your daily life, you're ready to go!
In today's world, our personal financial health is vital. This course explains the basics to help you understand what's involved and how everything works. This also serves as an introduction to help relate personal finances to business finances. Using common, everyday language and "real world" experience and examples, instructor Ron Trucks makes the concepts and principals for anyone to understand and relate to, regardless of your previous financial or math experience.
What's the difference between banks, credit unions and other financial institutions?
Explaining savings, checking, debit cards, credit cards...
Other methods to making payments than cash or checks
Borrowing money and the basics of loans
Auto loans, home loans, paying for college and higher education
Payday loans - The good, the bad and the ugly
Other "Grown Up" stuff including payroll taxes, insurance, social security, saving for retirement, identity protection...
Enrollment in the course includes:
Customized note sheets for each lesson in the course for your personal comments and notes
Free membership in our online, students-only support group thru Facebook
Lifetime discount to all other bsnsAtlas courses, materials, and learning matter
The course is also serves as a great introduction for teens and young adults in helping them start to understand life economics and how all the pieces work together, along with a general refresher looking to establish credit, finance their first home, or take the first steps of personal, small business ownership.
Who this course is for:
- From young to old, beginners to experienced... Anyone wanting to grasp the elements of financial responsibility and control on a personal level will feel much more confident!
Over 25 years ago, after building his experience in the hospitality industry and working with business start-ups around the country, Ron Trucks founded his privately owned firm guiding and coaching small businesses and non-profit organizations in a wide variety of fields and industries both in his hometown of St. Louis, MO and across the country.
In addition to his professional work in small-business support, Ron has also been an Business Management adjunct instructor at Jefferson College in Hillsboro, MO for over 15 years.
Over those two-plus decades of both teaching and coaching small businesses and non-profit organizations, Ron has served on various boards and in many volunteer positions including the Board of Directors of a $500 million dollar credit union, developing leadership skills with members of national fraternities and sororities, and working with troubled youth dealing with identity and self-confidence issues.