Personal and family budget management
What you'll learn
- Develop a basic personal/family finance framework and apply it to your day-to-day life.
- Identify different types of income and expenses and organize this information in a structured and effective way.
- Analyze your incomes and expenses to identify potential financial difficulties in advance.
- Set attainable financial goals and break them down to measurable milestones.
- Learn advanced google spreadsheets usage.
- Willingness to learn and change your financial habits.
- Internet connection to watch the lectures and use google spreadsheets
In this course you will learn how to track and control your personal/family spendings to be able to enjoy life and save money. Together we will create a transparent month-by-month personal/family financial plan for you to follow. By the end of the course you will set your financial goals (e.g., buy a house 5 years from now, save $1m for retirement) broken down into measurable and achievable milestones.
Section #1 to #3 will introduce the basic concepts regarding personal and family finance, how to use google spreadsheets to manage your finances and how to discuss your financial situation with the family and identify your financial habits.
Sections #4 and #5 will show you how to set realistic goals, plan your basic budget accordingly and balance your income and expenses.
Section #6 will offer you ways to travel and have fun while saving.
Section #7 will advise how to bring up financial matters to your family members and close friends and find out about potential next steps.
This is a "living" course, I instructed it as a workshop several times and elaborated according to what participants requested. If you find I went through a subject to fast, please say and I will record an explanation.
During the course and a year after I will revise your progress and comment on your financial plan and goals.
To introduce myself, my name is Daniel Moran, I am a business and personal finance consultant. I have been working in this field since 2011. Along the way I have consulted dozens of families managing their budget, paying back debts, taking a mortgage and other financial issues. Every Monday I start the week with reviewing my family's finances.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who earns and spends money. This course is designed to be universal.
- Everyone who wants to have more control over their finances.
- Everyone who dreams big (buying a house, opening a business, travelling), but do not know how to achieve it.
- Everyone who does not know how much money they have at their bank accounts and how much they owe.
- Everyone who just started a family life and wants to avoid future financial issues as much as possible.
- Anyone who wants to plan the terms in which he wants to take a loan
- Anyone who looks for specific guidelines such as how to submit a tax refund in a particular country SHOULD NOT take the course
- Anyone who seeks how to make money quickly on stock-markets, selling products on internet, etc. SHOULD NOT take the course
With a background as a financial advisor and software developer who recently started a family, Daniel is particularly well positioned to both understand families and how best to help them manage their income and grow their wealth. He has worked with multiple people with different financial priorities, helping them to get out of debt and reach their financial dreams.