Master the Persian (Farsi) Alphabet
What you'll learn
- Learn about Persian Language history and basic facts.
- Learn features of the Persian (Farsi) Alphabet and Persian language writing system.
- Sing Persian (Farsi) alphabet, learn letter names and sounds in small groups based on their shapes and alphabetic order
- Recite, identify and produce the sounds of the individual letters and words using memory devices such as pictures
- Do a combination of easy, fun and interactive reading, writing and speaking activities to practice letters and learn to write and type words and short phrases.
- Read in Persian fluently by recognizing the letters, sounding them out and connecting them together
- Write and Type Persian confidently by recognizing letter shape, sound and forms and connecting them together.
- No prerequisite
Whether you long to read Shahname in its original language, converse with a native in Azadi Square or travel around Iran learning Persian can be rewarding. With Persian’s increasing importance on the world stage and over 110 million speakers worldwide, there’s never been a better time to learn. While Persian itself may not be as difficult as say, Japanese or Arabic, the Persian alphabet can be a major roadblock to learning this fascinating language and culture.
Talk Like a Persian makes learning Persian super fun, easy, and convenient with a fully interactive Persian course. The course material is divided into small blocks.
Persian Alphabet Course intends to help you learn Persian letters and sounds and to begin reading and writing Persian in 15 sessions. This course serves as a reference to guide you to the writing system of Persian. The course is accompanied by Leila's Alphabet Journey E-book and free membership to Persian Language Blog on Talk Like a Persian website.
In this fun, interactive and effective online Persian language course, students will learn basic facts about Persian language, basic features of Persian language and Persian alphabet. The students will also learn how to install Persian font on their computer and how to type in Persian.
At the end of this course, students will be able to recognize Persian letters in various written contexts and they will be able to pronounce letter sounds and read, write and type in Persian fluently.
Online Course Components
The course consists of 18 lectures and each lecture is between 2-7 minutes to keep students interested and help them study in short bursts.
"Leila's Alphabet Journey" E-book consists of Facts about Persian Language, Features of Persian Language and reading and writing units. Facts about Persian language gives an overview of Persian Language history and basic facts. Features of the Persian Alphabet introduces Persian language writing system. The units present the alphabet in groups and through high frequency meaningful words that consist of acquired letters. Each unit contains a number of reading, writing and spelling exercises as well as authentic samples of Persian language from online newspapers and advertisements.
Who this course is for:
- Learners who are interested in learning Persian (Farsi) language and culture to communicate with their friends and family
- Learners who want to open up new career and job opportunities
- Learners who seek a career in government agencies by adding a critical language to their resumes
- Learners who want to expand their business and increase their market share in their business by diversifying their marketplace to Persian world
- Learners who want to travel to beautiful Iran and Persian speaking countries with a diverse, vibrant, unique and long history
- Learners who want to explore old and modern Persian works of literature from Rumi, Hafez, Sa'di and Ferdowsi who are major epic poets
Language teaching is my passion and I have been teaching Persian language since 2003. I have taught face-to-face, televised, blended, and asynchronous Persian language courses at California State University Fullerton, CSU San Bernardino and Saddleback college. I have been involved with Summer Immersion Persian Programs and Intensive Persian courses. Besides teaching Persian language, I am a Persian language assessment specialist and have years of experience with testing agencies including American Council for International Languages. I am also involved with Talk Like A Persian language course and design Persian language curriculum for online Persian courses at different levels.