Learn Perl 5 By Doing It
What you'll learn
- Learn how to use Perl for a variety of common tasks
- Learn how to use regular expressions
- Basic knowledge of computer programming in any language.
Discover some of the amazing things you can do with Perl 5, including downloading text and images from the Internet (just like Zuckerberg in The Social Network), reformatting data, importing and exporting data to and from databases, sysadmin-type tasks like renaming or moving files, fixing even huge amounts of data quickly and even creating web CGI scripts. In this course you'll also learn how to use regular expressions, those unbelievably useful little things that have now made their way into almost every serious programming language, yet remain the bête noire of many a developer.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has some familiarity with basic programming in any language
- Anyone who wants to learn how to automate common tasks in IT
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, I decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. After spending four years in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary and a year in Berlin, I now live in my home town of Derby, UK.