- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Support employees in creating and implementing goals
- Assess and evaluate performances of individuals
- Create a plan for success that aligns with the company's vision
- You should be in a manager, supervisor or director role
If you want to effectively manage the performance of your employees, then this is course for you! Performance Management For Managers introduces you to working with employees to align their goals with your companies goals. In this course you'll learn how to coach for performance, how to have constructive conversations with employees and how to support employees development, and you'll learn how to do it in a way that's both informative and engaging!
What Will I Learn?
- Identify and define employees goals in order to create alignment with company objectives
- Create effective development plans with employees that support their goals, potential and career aspirations
- Constructively assess employees performance with action plans for future goals and targets
- How to manage different levels of performance from employees to promote positive momentum within the work environment
- How to give and receive feedback to promote improvement
This course is also full of examples and activities that allow you to practice what you are learning. Work with me over 7 exercises and 3 example conversations to develop your skills and competencies to manage performances!
Learning Performance Management will benefit you professionally as you gain skills and acquire tools that will enable you to support your team! This is an important skill for managers to have in order to create a successful workplace environment.
Performance Management can be challenging and complex. To navigate this maze you need to have systematic action plans, develop specific competencies and implement structured assessments, and that is exactly what you will learn to do in this course!
This course brings Lorraine's 25 + years of experience and industry know-how, to you! Her unique teaching style comes from her experience in presidential roles in 7 companies, in 6 countries around the world.
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently and effectively manage your employees performance, and by doing so, motivate employees, achieve company goals and reach business objectives.
We look forward to seeing you in the course!
- Anyone who wants to learn how to effectively manage an individual or team's performance
- Anyone looking to boost engagement and their work culture
- Anyone looking to become a stronger leader
Welcome to Performance Management!
In this lesson, your instructor Lorraine Wiseman will share her experience as a global leader and expert in performance management. Lorraine will share the tools you will learn in this course. We will dive into exactly what performance management is, take a look at the history of performance management and gain an understanding as to why it is important.
In this lesson you will gain an understanding for what performance management is as well as the elements that are included in a performance management process.
Let's take a look at the history of Performance Management in order to understand the evolution of it. In this lesson we will look at the importance to shareholders, supervisors and employees!
Setting goals that are aligned with the organization's goals and objectives is an integral aspect of the process of performance management and in this lesson we dive into the most effective goal setting process!
Creating development plans to support an employee's growth is a key aspect of performance management that you will learn about in this lesson!
Assessing performance includes many aspects; observation,timing, focus on goals, positive reinforcement; awareness of and closing gaps early. In this lesson you will also learn about these important elements of assessing ones performance.
In this lesson you will learn how to understanding employee aspirations and how to support alignment with future needs of the business. You will learn how to discover where an employees passion is and the importance of investment in formal development/skills training or on the job opportunities!