Performance Analysis Techniques in Applied Coaching Level 3
What you'll learn
- Develop a performance analysis process to meet the needs of own coaching environment
- Identify key terms used to analyse performance
- Identify categories of performance for profiling and analysis of performance
- Design and use an analysis template, based on objective analysis across a range of sports
- Create data models to retain, analyse and evaluate performance in a range of sports and situations
- Develop and apply basic excel skills to organise, store and analyse a range of data
- Apply basic Excel skills to evaluate GPS output to identify physiological demands of sport
- Competently use the Nacsport software as part of a video analysis protocol in team and individual based sports
- Competently use Kinovea software to evaluate movement and skills in sport
- Be able to read, interpret and complete written and practical tasks that will include mathematical data;
- Be able to organise written information clearly and coherently to present to others
- Have access to a Windows Based PC to access all course content
- Have access to Nacsport video analysis software to complete the Video Analysis Module, we'll show you how to get a free trial to follow along
- Have access to and a basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent)
- Have access to Kinovea Free Open Source Software to complete applicable tutorials
This course is not meant to be the authoritative manual on performance analysis, but provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop a performance analysis process into your coaching. The content is a work based structure, with all assignment activities and assessments mimicking the challenges and types of activities undertaken in the real world role of a sports performance analyst. You will be required to monitor teams and individuals and analyse performance before presenting your results.
The course is fully online and can be undertaken in your own country. Furthermore, once enrolled you will gain access to a series of live Q&A webinars FREE throughout the year. The Q&A sessions are hosted by course tutors and on occasion will include a guest for you to pose your performance analysis questions. Information on each webinar will be posted through the course announcements here on the Udemy platform.
In order to gain the Endorsed Certificate, students must successfully complete all assignments on the course. You will have 5 deadline dates throughout the year to submit your assignments for summative assessment.
Who this course is for:
- The course is designed for any individuals seeking to develop knowledge across the continually growing components of Sports Performance Analysis
- Sports coaches seeking to effectively integrate performance analysis into coaching practice
- Students in sport and exercise subject areas, conditioning professionals, physical education teachers etc. looking to introduce analysis practices into their coaching process.
- Content covers all LO's for BTEC Unit 19 - Analysis of Sport Performance
- Learning Outcomes cover the Cambridge Technical Level 3 Sport And Physical Activity Unit 5 - Performance analysis in sport and exercise
Accredited trainer providing and freelance tutor I help businesses, sports organisations, and practitioners with their CPD development and deliver both face-to-face and through a flexible but structured approach online education. I have successfully designed curriculum's that have been accredited by Ofqual regulated Awarding Bodies and most recently Queens University Open Learning. Furthermore, I have implemented courses on multiple e-learning platforms from content development to roll out and facilitation.
From coaching, as video analysis software became readily available I transferred my day job skills into my love for sport over 15 years ago and provided video-based performance analysis services working with clubs at grassroots and intermediate level of sport such as Bangor FC, Instonians RFC and at International Level with, Table Tennis Ulster & Ireland and NI U18 Schoolboys Football.
Over my career, I have worked with a wide range of technology and supported many clubs and individuals in setting up coaching-based performance systems. As an educator I found access to effective courses difficult due to other work or coaching commitments and now working to help change that for others. I am passionate about CPD and look to provide a perspective on performance analysis that will prepare our students for relevant and real-world success applying performance analysis in coaching.
I am a previous graduate from Cardiff Metropolitan University with a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science, which then led me into the MSc Performance Analysis course there.
Since graduating from Cardiff Met, I joined the AnalysisPro company in 2012 where I have been involved in educating and working with performance analysts across a huge range of sports and participation levels. From grass roots teams and individual coaches, up to top-tier professional teams, international teams and national governing bodies. I now manage our education, sales and support departments at AnalysisPro.
Performance analysis processes are based around three main areas that we specialise and educate people on: Shoot, Analyse, Share.
Often, the processes used by our Elite level teams can be replicated and shared all the way down to the grass roots, and it is a passion of mine to help educate others about those workflows so they can benefit from the advantages of using performance analysis.