Perfect Your British English Accent - English Pronunciation
What you'll learn
- Speak English with a perfect British English accent
- Gain an additional, more universal, British English accent, to use whenever you need it
- Enjoy greater confidence for public speaking in English
- Make business presentations in English with boosted confidence
- Actors will be able to apply for roles requiring a standard, neutral RP British English accent
- Speak English at intermediate level or better
Perfect Your British English Accent! Learn to speak standard, neutral RP British English - aka NSE (Neutral Standard English) and taught at UK drama schools - with Glen McCready, professional actor, presenter, and voiceover artist.
"The course begins simply and gets more and more challenging and rewarding" says Glen. "It's the result of many years of teaching. My students told me that what they want is a course that is broken down into clear, easy-to-follow, short lessons.
The lessons are in a listen and repeat format. I say all the sounds, words, and phrases and you simply repeat them after me. You WILL be able to speak with a perfect British English accent."
This British English accent course is for you if :
You want to speak RP British English, also known as NSE (Neutral Standard English) and taught at UK drama schools
You want to "switch on" a standard, neutral British English accent at any time
You feel self-conscious about the way you speak English
People criticize you for your presentation skills
You want to boost your confidence for public speaking
Are you interested in :
Perfecting your neutral British English accent
Correcting a speech impediment
Improving your presentation skills
Boosting your confidence for public speaking
Making a great best man speech... but you're terrified!
Are you an actor, interested in:
Getting roles that require standard, neutral, RP British English, also known as NSE (Neutral Standard English) and taught at UK drama schools
Period speech for actors
English accents for American and other non-UK actors
Speech for voice-overs
Who this course is for:
- Students of English
- Professionals who present in English, including executives, public speakers, TV broadcasters
- People who want to soften their accent
- American and other non-UK actors who want a neutral British English accent
- UK actors who want to add a standard, neutral, RP British English accent to their skillset
- Anyone who wants to make their spoken English as clear and effective as possible
An honours graduate of the celebrated Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art (1906-2006), Glen trained in voice and speech under Michael Griffiths, Caryll Ziegler and Stewart Pearce (Head of Voice at Webber and later Master of Voice at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre for Mark Rylance).
After a time as Acting Head of Voice at Webber Douglas, Glen established his own Voice Department at The London Drama School. He works professionally as an actor and voice artist – but when time allows he loves to teach voice and speech training.
In addition to many actors, Glen has coached celebrities, CEOs, newsreaders, presenters, GPs and lawyers. His great passion is accent modification - not, he stresses, the “removal” of a person’s often unique and beautiful native accent, but rather, teaching an additional, neutral and more universal British English accent, which can be adopted whenever required.
Glen is one of only three professional voices selected to record the guide pronunciations for the Longman Pronunciation Dictionary, working with its editor Professor J C Wells.