People Skills. How people tick & how to read them instantly!
What you'll learn
- Understand how 'Psychometrics' can help in business and personal life
- Gain practical insights into how people tick by understanding self and others better
- Learn a simple, colurful model of human behaviour based on Jungian psychology
- Recognise differences in OUR perception and behaviour - compared with someone else's
- Become aware of when your behavioural strengths actually let you down
- Learn how to adapt your behaviour and your own communication style to suit every interaction
- Students will learn their own '8 Type' and receive a FREE mini profile highlighting their preferences
- No previous knowledge or skills are required
- The opportunity to practise the techniques in social and work interactions would be helpful
- A willingness to learn and try new things is essential!
People Skills - How People Tick & How To Read Them Instantly
The success or otherwise of any interaction in life comes down to your people skills. If you can understand what a person is thinking and feeling, then you can help them feel relaxed, welcome, and ultimately trust you.
So, if you are around people whether at work, socially – or even in your family, then this is the course for you.
Andy Edwards is an international speaker and widely published author, who's been teaching business and relationship skills for more than 25 years. He's spoken to audiences all over the world (in person and online) and has an entertaining, practical teaching style. This course is guaranteed to keep you engaged, fascinated – and even amused, and will teach you life-changing skills to transform your business and personal life.
The course covers self-awareness:
why you behave in the way you do
how relationships develop
what to look out for when you first meet someone.
We also take a look at what psychometrics are based on:
the underpinning psychology
why perception isn’t reality
good day vs bad day behaviours
We move on to how you can read and understand others by checking just three elements of their behaviour:
tone of voice
vocal patterns and words used
You will also learn how we can use psychometrics to:
adapt our behaviour to any situation
connect with others by learning and keeping in mind their ‘Motto’
communicate with and influence others like never before
By the end of the course…
… you will be able to anticipate others’ decision-making processes, their likely responses to your questions – their wants, their needs, their motivations, and their preferences.
You will know how to consciously adapt your behaviour and your own communication style to suit that interaction. The other person will walk away from a meeting you with an unconscious (or perhaps even conscious) sense of connection with you...
· “What a nice guy.”
· “She’s having a good day today!”
· “She seems a trustworthy person.”
· “He made me feel really comfortable.”
· “It seems like I have known them for years!”
If it’s better business results that you’re after, then psychometrics could be your route to success. Why? Well, we all know that people buy people; so, when it comes to the true currency of a business, ‘Relationships’ not ‘Money’ takes precedence. In which case, it makes sense to help people get to know you, like you and trust you. With psychometrics, this becomes a simple – yet incredibly powerful process.
If you like the idea of finding out more about yourself and others… and you want to know a few answers to the question: “What makes people tick…?” Then let’s get started as soon as possible.
Who this course is for:
- Those who work with people on a daily basis whether internally or with customers/suppliers
- Anyone looking for practical and applicable personality trait techniques to use in daily life
- People who are good people watchers!
- Students who have worked with psychometrics in the past - and would like a refresher
- Not suitable for those wanting an advanced academic qualification in psychology
Andy Edwards is an inspiring and motivating international speaker and trainer who delivers memorable presentations and workshops on business relationships, understanding others, influence, attitude, and teams.
Having studied marketing and lectured on the CIM Marketing Diploma, he further qualified in behavioural psychology, and has a National Diploma in coaching.
Andy is qualified to deliver several psychometric instruments and has an excellent knowledge of other psychological and communication models including Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP).
His books include: “Why Can’t People Be More Like Me?!” (using simple psychometrics to understand self and others);
“LEADERSH*T” (what your followers REALLY think of your leadership – and how to change their minds);
and “Beyond Mars and Venus” (a look at personal relationships through behavioural psychology).
He has spoken in 14 countries and has worked with many commercial household names including JP Morgan, Stannah, Co Op, De Vere, Barclays, Simply Health, Sony and British Gas (to name but a few). In the public sector, Andy has worked with The NHS, The British Embassy (UAE), The Highways Agency, The National Apprenticeship Service, Business Link, Primary Care Trusts, and many local authorities.
A sought-after keynote speaker, MC, masterclass presenter, trainer and coach, Andy is regularly booked for national conferences, staff conventions, away-days and AGMs for talks which are motivational, engaging, thought-provoking and fun.
Andy is married to Ali and they live in Dorset, on the south coast of the UK, with their daughter, Rosie. He also has two grown-up sons of whom he is immensely proud. When not working, catch him on the golf course – or ruining his garden with the opposite of ‘green fingers’.