Penetration Testing for the eJPT Certification
What you'll learn
- Self-study preparation for the eJPT certification (eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester)
- An Exam Strategy that can help improve your odds of success on eJPT exam day
- Coverage of the techniques and tools needed for executing a basic penetration test
- Complete penetration testing methodology
- Basic IT skills and a desire to learn Penetration Testing skills to assist with passing the eJPT certification exam.
The eJPT is a 100% hands-on certification for penetration testing and essential information security skills.
By passing the exam, a cyber security professional proves they have the core skills needed for penetration testing. Earning this certification is a great way to separate your resume from others or show that you're ready for a rewarding new career.
If you want to set yourself apart from traditional certifications, but aren't ready for the OSCP or CEH Practical, then the eJPT hands-on certification might be what you're looking for.
Throughout this course, we'll be covering topics to help you self-study as you prepare for the exam. By earning the eJPT certification, your skills in the following areas will be assessed:
Critical penetration testing processes and methodologies
Information gathering and reconnaissance
Basic vulnerability assessment of networks and web applications
Exploitation with Metasploit and Meterpreter
Manual exploitation of web applications
Scanning and profiling target systems and networks
Netcat for bind and reverse shells
Nmap for system fingerprinting and scanning
SQLmap for automating SQL Injection attacks
Burp Suite for web attacks
Hydra for attacking authentication
John The Ripper for password cracking
DirBuster for forced web browsing
TCP/IP protocol and routing
Local Area Network (LAN) protocols and devices
HTTP and web technologies
By analyzing the exam outline and data published to the public, we'll anticipate the types of skills you'll need to improve your test performance.
The course covers eJPT and eJPT v2 content and also provides a section dealing with skills and tools that should not be overlooked during your exam prep. Several cheat sheet type pages are also provided as a reference for key penetration testing tools and scripting languages.
And as a conclusion to the course, a comprehensive exam strategy is outlined!
Just Updated with a Additional Content section
Get additional lessons and LIVE demonstrations of ethical hacking tools and techniques to assist you with earning the eJPT certification!
Note: This is unofficial training / editorial commentary on the certification, products, and skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed to act as a source of self-study material for those wanting to earn the eJPT certification. This course will provide an overview of tools, techniques, and strategies relevant to the eJPT exam. It can also act as an introduction to those wishing to learn more about penetration testing and develop their careers in that direction.
Pack Of Coders provides online technology training, publishing, and consulting services. Training is targeted at various skill levels and seeks to provide students with a better understanding of technology, software development practices, and cybersecurity topics. Major course offerings include:
Targeted training through our Rapid Skill Boost series - designed to help you hit the ground running on a new technology.
Our Essential Skills series of courses quickly gets you trained on foundational elements of a technology or tool.
If you're working towards certifications, then our Exam Coaching sessions are just what you need. These courses help you navigate the questions you might face on exam day!