Pencil Drawing - The Guide to Graphite
What you'll learn
- Students will learn various pencil drawing techniques and approaches to drawing.
- Students will learn the various grades to graphite and when each pencil should be used.
- Students will learn graphite application techniques including hatching and cross hatching, blending, and rendering.
- Students will learn how to draw various subjects with graphite including still life, portraiture, and landscape.
- Students will learn how to use graphite in non-traditional forms including water soluble graphite and powdered graphite.
- Students will learn how to create different textures with graphite pencils.
- Students will create pencil drawings on different surfaces and learn how to texture of the paper influences the resulting texture created in the drawing.
- Students will learn how to use various forms of erasers.
- Students will learn how to create the illusion of light in drawing and how light affects the illusion of form.
- Students will learn how to sketch quickly and use shapes to ensure accuracy.
- You must have a willingness to learn and develop your art.
"Pencil Drawing - The Guide to Graphite" is a complete video course on pencil drawing with graphite designed for beginner and intermediate artists. The goal of this course is to provide the learner with a rich learning experience through "easy to digest" modules consisting of video demonstrations and accompanying ebooks.
The ordinary graphite pencil is usually the first art-making medium that we explore as artists. This common and simple tool is capable of producing incredible drawings and anyone can do it. All it takes to create amazing drawings is a basic understanding of the concepts of drawing, a knowledge of the tools and surfaces, and a willingness to learn and apply what you've learned to your own drawings.
Fortunately, it doesn't require talent to create life-like drawings. It requires knowledge and practice. This comprehensive drawing course provides you with the knowledge by exploring the core concepts of drawing such as light and shadow, shading, creating textures, sketching and proportion while covering a variety of forms of graphite including traditional drawing pencils, mechanical pencils, powdered graphite, water soluble graphite and even colored graphite. All while exploring the subjects of still life, portrait drawing, landscape drawing, figure drawing, and pet portraits.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and intermediate artists
Hi, I am an illustrator and educator. As the founder and instructor at TheVirtualInstructor (website), I am able to help thousands of people all over the world realize their dreams of creating quality art. My illustrations have been featured in numerous publications and my work can be found in many private collections. Although I am an illustrator, my true passion in life is teaching. I have been teaching for over ten years and I am lucky to have helped so many people achieve their goals of creating art.