Pen & Ink Drawing for Beginners
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to use Pen & Ink with confidence
- In this course you will learn basic Drawing principles
- By the end of this course your observational capacity will be enhanced
- Students taking this course will need a computer
- Students taking this course will need a printer
Pen & Ink Drawing for Beginners.
This is an easy to follow beginners course with detailed instructions, from information regarding the materials needed before you start, through to creating a finished drawing.
For my subject matter I will working from flowers, but even if this is not a subject which interests you, the instruction given can be applied to all subjects and will be useful for anyone wishing to learn Pen & Ink Drawing techniques.
The course should take a few weeks but each student will be working at a different pace and have a different amount of time to devote to practice. There is therefore no definite time line.
There will be lectures with practical drawing exercises which are clearly demonstrated, and information will be available regarding professional artists' work, with examples shown, which are of relevance to the various lectures. Some of the lectures have additional downloaded material to supplement the learning experience.
Taking this course will give you a unique experience in concentration and creativity. You will feel empowered and exhilarated by your achievements and you will find that you will be able to draw independently, with both skill and confidence.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for those students who are complete beginners
- If you have some drawing experience but wish to learn Pen & Ink tecniques then you will also benefit from this course
- If you are interested in Pen & Ink Drawings observed throughout Art History and wish to learn how they were achieved then this is the course for you.
- If you have a creative curiosity and want to improve your skills and understanding of Pen & Ink Drawing processes you will find this course interesting informative and challenging.
I am a professional Fine Artist and a graduate of the Royal College of Art in LondonUK
I have exhibited widely in London UK, New York City USA, Dubai UAE, and more recently in Athens Greece.
Throughout my career I have taught in University Art Departments in London and other parts of the world my latest post being in Crete, Greece where I have a studio.
Watercolour painting has always featured in my own work, and I have taught this subject successfully to beginners and more advanced students for many years. I have developed a wide knowledge of the medium and teaching issues which arise, and I am confident in my ability to provide a comprehensive enjoyable course which is quite unique.