Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Current basic life support certification helpful (required for certification)
- Experience providing advanced life support, such as ACLS helpful but not required
- Experience caring for a pediatric population helpful but not required
- No special equipment or materials required
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) will prepare you to respond to life-threatening emergencies in the pediatric population with advanced interventions. This PALS course is based on the latest guidelines which focus on doing several tasks simultaneously with a group process that enables efficiency and minimization of error.
This course will teach participants how to perform advanced emergency interventions as well as review foundation theories including Basic Life Support, Anatomy and Physiology of the Heart, the Resuscitation Team, a Systematic Approach, Life-Threatening Issues, Medical Devices, Bradycardia, Tachycardia, and much more.
The course package includes:
- PALS Self-Assessments and Review Questions
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Handbook
- Numerous PALS Lectures and Video Presentations
NOTE - This course is for training in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Who this course is for:
- Healthcare Professionals
- Medical Students
- Nursing and Allied Health Students
- Emergency Responders
- Caregivers in pediatric settings, especially critical care
Save a Life Certifications by NHCPS is the premier online provider of ACLS, PALS, BLS and CPR, AED & First Aid certification, and recertification.
All proceeds from Save a Life Certifications by NHCPS support the efforts of the Disque Foundation, a nonprofit organization with a mission of advancing health care education to the under-served in the US and abroad. With the support of Save a Life Certifications by NHCPS, life support training has been made possible for the underserved in areas such as Haiti, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Panama, and the United States.