- 5 hours on-demand video
- 18 articles
- 18 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the way Paul presents his message as a prisoner for Christ in this delightful epistle.
- Discern the implications of Paul's message as you look at the present age and manner of life around you
- Understand the heart of Paul's message to the Philippian church
- Apply the contents and principles of the letter to your own inner life of devotion
- Present a coherent summary of this letter of hope and encouragement
- Embrace the beauty of both ‘holiness’ and ‘unity’ as the people of God
- Learn to live out your commitment to King Jesus in the ‘public square’ with conviction and fidelity
- The textbook is Paul for Everyone: The Prison Letters– Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians and Philemon. John Knox Press. ISBN:0664227880.
Prof. N.T. Wright, renowned biblical scholar and historian will walk you through Paul's Letter to the Philippians. The course is a reflection of how to think and live in light of the death and resurrection of King Jesus. The powerful realities of 'unity' and 'holiness' are combined through the proper way to think about the work of God in Christ. The central portion of the letter, Phil 2:6-11, provides the foundation for understanding the whole of the letter and Paul's own way of life. Dig deep into the New Testament through studying this wonderful and practical epistle.
This course is meant to take around thirteen weeks to complete. While you may take the course at your own pace, you are encourage to take time to reflect upon the material presented in the textbook and in the lectures.
The textbook is Prof. Wright's commentary on Philippians in the Paul for Everyone series published by John Knox Press in the U.S. and SPCK in the UK.
The structure of the course includes:
Lectures by Prof. Wright
Small group discussion questions
Interaction with the biblical text itself
If you are interested in a deeper knowledge of this important letter from the apostle Paul, then you will want to enroll in this course.
- This course is intended for anyone who has an interest in the message of the New Testament and who would like to learn the beauty and intricacies of one of the Apostle Paul's most joyful letters.
- This course is designed for a general audience. You do not have to have previous theological training to understand the concepts.
- This course is meant to take time and reflection. It is not meant to be a 'crash course' in the study of the New Testament.