Pattern Making : Dartless Basic Block ( Beginner Friendly )
What you'll learn
- PATTERN MAKING for Fashion Designers. This course is a beginner friendly.
- You will learn the logic of pattern drafting ( Drafting, Manipulation and Alteration )
- Step by step of how to measure your own bodice
- You will learn how to draft a dartless basic block
- You will practice directly how to alter from your dartless basic block pattern. We will practice to alter into 5 patterns on this lesson.
- You will learn how to label a pattern, such as notches
- BONUS : Sleeve pattern drafting for knit fabrics.
- There is no specific requirements
- Tools to prepare for making the patterns
As a fashion designer, pattern making is essential in creating a garment. A good fashion designer must learn pattern making in order to understand the constructions of his/her designs.
In this course, you will learn :
Essential tools for pattern making
How to measure you own body
Dartless basic block pattern drafting
Practice 5 alterations from the existing pattern ( in this case the dartless basic block )
BONUS : sleeve pattern drafting for knit fabrics
All lectures delivered by VIDEO with detailed DEMOS of the technique.
The content are fabulous introduction to the wonderful world of pattern drafting. Which is the key skill in fashion industry.
At the end of the course, you will be ready to move forward with your own pattern making journey. And if you want to enhance your career, then this course is for you.
What our students says about our sewing and pattern drafting class :
" I loved the course, Yenny! Very well explained and you are so calm throughout. I just need some large paper now to try it all out!! " - Lindsay Hodgson
" Glitter! All the glitters! This class met my expectations. I recommend it for advanced level." - Louise Araujo
" Oui tout à fait. Merci." - Catherine Vanbellinghen
See you on the inside.
Who this course is for:
- Fashion Designer ( students )
- Beginner in sewing
- Sewing lover
- Pattern maker to be
- Fashion Enthusiast
My passion is to inspire people to live the best version of theirself. Thru fashion, I want to educate and share my knowledge, to people to improve their skill.
I'm the owner of Yenny Lee Bridal Couture, who works in bridal couture dresses. You can see my work on my website YENNYLEE.COM or my instagram account @yennylee_couture
I have worked in a wide variety of roles, as my career has progressed. This includes my private client base of custom made designing, pattern cutting, and developing everything from bridal to haute couture.
I have broad spectrum in designing, draping, pattern making, and embellishments. This enabled me to achieve the best result whilst creating the dress.