Patent Pending: Drafting a Provisional Patent Application
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Draft a provisional patent application
- Brainstorm ideas and inventions for greater patent protection
- File provisional patent applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Students should have a cursory knowledge of what a provisional patent is
Protect your invention by filing a provisional patent application today!
When the Constitution was passed, the founding fathers understood the need provide inventors with the ability to get patents. Unfortunately, this process can be expensive and confusing. However, provisional patent applications allow an inventor to reserve the right to get a patent and give the inventor a year to market and test his invention before having to go through the expense of filing a full patent application.
More importantly, once a provisional patent application has been filed on an invention, the inventor can legally state this his invention is patent pending.
Online legal service companies such as Nolo and LegalZoom charge up almost two hundred dollars per provisional patent application. Hiring an attorney will cost thousands more.
With this course, you will learn how to
- Learn how to draft and file your own provisional patent applications from an experienced patent attorney.
- Get brainstorming tips for strengthening your invention for a stronger a provisional patent application
- Get access to all of the forms necessary to file a provisional application.
Buy this course now and begin the journey of being a successful entrepreneur and inventor.
- Any inventor looking to save thousands of dollars in attorney fees by filing their own provisional patent application
- People who think that patents are get rich quick schemes should stay away
Learn about provisional patent applications and how the process will occur to file your own provisional patent application.
Understanding the parts of a provisional patent application and what rights it gives you.
IBM is the largest patent holder in the world, and they rely heavily on provisional patent applications. While short, this provisional application has a very good description of the prior art that shows why this invention is better than what had been done.