Pastel Accounting Software
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 33 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Complete various common functions using Pastel Accounts
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
- You'll need access to Pastel in order to complete the assignment
- Please research the net to find a free trial of this software first, because we no longer have a free trial link.
Pastel Accounting Software course is about how to use Pastel Accounts based on the most popular functions which you as a Pastel Accounting operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up the Pastel accounting system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Pastel for yourself.
You will need to get access to Pastel (look online for a free downloadable link), as the link we had no longer works. As a tutor who has assessed various 'free' accounting software packages out there, in comparison to others, this was one of the easiest and it had a lot of functionality.
The course materials includes the handout of the assignment task.
Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
The course will take about 3-4 hours to complete.
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who will be using Pastel for their clients
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Pastel
- hose who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a free accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- Charities who are doing their own bookkeeping and are looking for a software to use and want help knowing how to use it properly