Pass The California Police Academy Written Examinations
- Students should have a copy of the state of California’s Commission on Peace Officer Standard and Training (POST) workbook and review it prior to starting a StudiGuide course.
This StudiGuide course will assist you in test taking tips if you plan to attend or are attending a California police academy.
Our StudiGuide courses are designed and organized to include information which corresponds to the the state of California’s Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) learning domains / learning objectives for each written examination you may be required to take during your police academy training.
Our StudiGuide courses are titled and numbered to correspond with the POST learning objective subject matter titles and numbers you will be tested on.
Our StudiGuide courses cover the critical knowledge necessary to understand and pass each required academic test mandated by POST subject matter currently covered by POST learning domains to include:
Regular Basic Course standard format
Regular Basic Course Modular Format (including Reserve
Modular Format – Module III
Modular Format – Module II
Modular Format – Module I
P.C. 832 Arrest and Firearms
Specialized Investigator’s Basic Course
Requalification Course (BCW)
Refresher training for the Mid-Course and End-of-Course Proficiency tests administered during the Regular Basic Course.
Our StudiGuide courses are intended as a supplementary aid to you who are looking to maximize your study time. They are also helpful in preparing for the written examination and will help you to retain knowledge in a particular subject, without having to spend excessive time in learning stuff not presented during your written examination. You will also be provided with practice exams and audio of each tested subject, to allow for review while travelling to and from the academy, during breaks, while running, etc.
When used properly, in conjunction with your POST workbooks, our StudiGuide courses are a valuable tool for you, as the material provided in each course has been time tested for more than fifteen years, assisting recruits during their academy training to receive and maintain some of the highest test scores and overall grade point averages in their academy classes.
Who this course is for:
- Our StudiGuide courses are for those students/recruits attending or planning to attend a California police academy, completing the Basic Course Waiver 'BCW' process, attending a reserve program (Module I, II or III), out of state candidates either planning to attend a California police academy or via recertification of their law enforcement experience/ training towards a California POST certificate or criminal justice students for additional insight into the police academy testing experience.
- Our StudiGuide courses provide practice tests for police students/recruits. Information for these course are commonly found in the California Penal Code, California Vehicle Code and the U.S. Constitution and its Amendments.
- 20:30StudiGuide Introduction
- 01:37Discussion posts, questions and course rating
- 00:55How to Use the POST Workbooks
- 02:02Expectations of the Course
- 04:27General Test Taking Tips
- 07:15Multiple-Choice Test Taking Strategies
- 02:38Taking Notes and Study Tips
- 02:12Taking Notes Article
- 00:51Flashcard Information
- 01:53Discussion Post
Michael "Andy" Rubacha
I began my career in law enforcement in 1988 and retired from Los Angeles County. Throughout my County law enforcement career, I have taken on collateral tasks as trainer, instructor and mentor to fellow law enforcement personnel of all ranks.
I have attended the LAPD Law Enforcement West Point Leadership Program and numerous other supervisory, management, and instructor training courses in law enforcement. I have obtained my Basic, Intermediate, Advance, Supervisory and Management POST certificates. As a college instructor, I have taught Criminal Justice to students interested in the field of law enforcement. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology. I have taken a keen interest in newly hired police trainees to mentor them for success. I have also facilitated career / promotional preparation courses for the past fifteen+ years.
Additionally, I was a member of the Air Force (Security Police), a Veteran of Desert Storm, and a life-member of the Veteran of Foreign Wars, Post 9148, having served as Post Commander and Senior Vice-Post Commander.
I have volunteered my time for more than fifteen years to coordinate and teach study groups for police academy (including Module D and re-certification) recruits/students. Over 1000 students attended my study groups. My desire is to continue benefiting the student/recruit in being successful to become the next generation police officer.