Pass Microsoft Tests and Get Certified!
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course you will have learned how to refine the way you study for Microsoft exams and have mastered critical test taking skills that will improve your scores and pass rates on computer based technical exams.
- There are no requirements for this course. Everything is self contained. You should have some basic technical knowledge and be actively studying or intending to study for an IT exam; Microsoft, CompTIA, even project management exam takers will benefit. The course focuses on networking but the concepts hold true for programmers, project managers and many other topics. A general understanding if Windows operating systems would be helpful but not required. As the course focuses on test taking skills that can be applied to multiple vendors, any technical background is suitable and it does not require any hardware or software.
This course helps students improve test taking skills for IT certification exams.
The course is divided into three parts:
- Study habits - coaches students in how to streamline studying for IT courses to develop a "knowledge pool" of information that can be used during the exam and for practical application.
- DNS - teaches DNS allowing us to have a shared knowledge pool to use when discussing test taking techniques. It also helps students refine their understanding of how to apply study habits.
- Test taking techniques - multiple techniques for addressing various types of multiple choice and interactive exam questions in order to maximize testing scores to achieve higher results and pass exams more efficiently so that certification is faster and less costly.
The course is mostly video content. It should take between four to five hours to complete.
This course is aimed at anyone who is studying for IT certifications. It should be of great benefit to anyone studying for certs such as MCSA, MCSE or CompTIA certifications (Listen to "Target Audience" and "Introduction" free preview for more information.) Having a firm grasp of the material is not always a good indicator of whether you will pass an IT test. Test taking skills can dramatically improve your chances of success. This course is suitable for any student intending to take a technology exam that is predominantly focused on multiple choice answers and some interactive questions such as Microsoft exams, CompTIA, PMP etc. It would not be helpful for students taking predominantly performance based tests such as test requiring you to actually configure the software during the exam.
Who this course is for:
- Technical professionals wishing to obtain certifications for job advancement.
- Career changers who wish to obtain certifications to succesfully obtain technical employment.
Shadow Farrell has been a technical trainer for twenty years. He has worked in the field in enterprise environments such as AIG and Johnson & Johnson. Mr. Farrell holds many certifications from Microsoft as well as CompTIA and other vendors, and has worked as a Microsoft Certified Trainer for CompUSA, ComputerTraining.com and many other training centers. Recently, he has been specializing in designing and conducting boot camps and certification classes in the United States and Internationally, with high approval ratings from students.
Mr. Farrell has a Bachelor of Science with Highest Distinction in Organizational Management from Nyack College, a Bachelor of Science in Networks Design and Management from Western Governors University, and a Master of Fine Arts in Writing from Spalding University.
You can view his virtual business card at: