Parenting To Potential: Awaken To Your Parent Power
What you'll learn
- Explore, understand, and integrate concepts to create a positive and effective parenting experience for you and your child (based on western cultural values).
- Discover ways to gain freedom from unconscious beliefs, habits and responses that inhibit your potential and your child's potential.
- Apply these concepts and knowledge to your own experience as a child, and now as a parent.
- Enjoy your children and your parenting!
- All you need is at least one child that you are a primary caregiver of, a computer, a journal, and about 15 minutes a day of focused time to yourself for this process.
Awaken to Your Parent Power is first of a series of four playshops produced by Parenting to Potential designed to help parents cultivate child-rearing practices that foster a positive, empowering, and life enhancing experience for the whole family.
Awaken helps you take that first all-important step to realize and embrace your own powerful place in your child's world. Explore how to not overpower but to empower. Wise use of your power helps your child evolve into an authentic, creative, and courageous human being that genuinely enjoys his or her own life, and naturally moves to contribute to the wellbeing of the world.
This playshop is self-paced, yet designed to take about 2 weeks. It includes thought-provoking reading, inspiring music, engaging audio visuals, and creative and experiential exercises to help you to integrate this material.
The Parenting to Potential courses are designed to expand and strengthen your parenting skills without taking a lot of time away from your work and family life. This particular course, Awaken to Your Parent Power, will lay the groundwork for sound parenting, while providing a basis for the deeper learning available in the next three playshops.
Though parenting is an ongoing process, this playshop will jumpstart your ability to make the changes called for to help your child become who they really are, while doing the same for yourself.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for parents who want to strengthen and enhance their parenting skills without taking a lot of time out of their normal family and worklife.
We're Gail Whipple and Sallie Justice. We developed these Parenting to Potential courses to foster health, wellness, peace and happiness in families and family systems. We both hold master's degrees and coaching certifications from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology. Gail's specialty is creativity and innovation. Sallie's is spiritual psychology.
We have each have raised boy and a girl. Our children are in their 30s now. We feel blessed they are all healthy and thriving. We wish to share what we learned along the way in our experience and studies to help you raise self-actualized children - and to grow into your own self-actualization as well.
Sallie holds a Master's Degree in Transpersonal Psychology and a Certificate in Transformational Coaching from the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology / Sofia University. She has an active coaching practice and owns a small French cafe on the side.
A mother of two twenty-something adults (one of each), her attention has always been drawn to learning what it takes to cultivate greater self-awareness, and to live a balanced life that is grounded in one's heartfelt passion. Though her previous incarnation has been focused on feeding people's bodies (in restaurants), her inspiration now comes from helping to feed people's souls.
Sallie and Gail Whipple have been collaborating on this playshop series since 2011.