Online Safety for Parents (for Mac and iOS)
What you'll learn
- Understand threats coming from the Internet and how to take proper precautions (especially pertaining to Mac users).
- Recognize malware and know what scams to be aware of.
- Set up a Mac, iPhone or iPad with Parental Controls and Restrictions.
- Set up a Circle device to protect your home network.
- Set limits and boundaries for your kids on Apple devices and the Internet.
- Students should have a Mac, iPhone, iPad and/or AppleTV available to follow along with the lectures.
There are many threats that exist on Internet intended to make money from you steal your personal information. In the first part of this course, you'll learn about these threats and what to watch for.
Apple has included many tools in macOS and iOS to protect your family from outside threats. In the second part of this course, you'll learn about how to use these tools on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for Mac and iOS users who are concerned about protecting their families online. Students should have a basic understanding of how to use their Mac and/or iOS Device.
- Parents of young children who use the internet: This is a great course for parents who would like to set limits and protections for their kids who use Apple devices.
- Anyone who uses the internet: There are two modules about internet safety and scams that may be helpful even to non-Apple users.
At My Mac Mentor, we provide comprehensive support and educational resources to help customers stay up to date with their technology.
We believe that we never stop learning. With our devices changing every single day, we understand it’s hard to keep up with the ins and outs of your devices. That’s why we created a safe place focused on learning for users to come for advice, support, and more.
One of our Mac Mentors can remotely connect with you to solve issues or help you with questions, and our Memberships provide comprehensive monitoring, support, and unlimited classes. We want technology to be accessible to everyone, so we’re the team to call when you need help.
Before coming to My Mac Mentor (formerly The MacSpa), our founder and top instructors trained in the Apple Store for a combined 16 years and have used Apple products for decades.
Our team of trained and experienced professionals will solve your woes and de-mystify the complexities of your Mac or Apple devices. See our website for more information on what we do, and browse our online courses here on Udemy for a taste of the personal service and expert instruction you get with our awesome team!