2023 Complete Parametric Design with Rhino 3D: Zero to Hero
What you'll learn
- Understand the parametric concepts in Rhino from beginner level through real examples.
- Uplift your design skills to new highs and develop your own parametric/futuristic projects using complex geometrical modeling techniques fast.
- Learn how to analyse and extract the key design features from any photo/sketch you see and develop a fully immersive 3d model instantly.
- Explore new ways about how to think and design complex shapes with simple tools and commands.
- Learn Parametric, Organic, Futuristic Modeling techniques from scratch applicable across design disciplines, scales and problem contexts.
- Explore efficient Modelling Workflows with minimum number of commands.
- Receive the essential inspiration to practice yourself through exercises with the goal to become one of the best designers out there.
- Experience multiple approaches to solve common modelling problems.
- No previous experience in digital design required, however a basic knowledge of Rhino 3D would be an advantage
- Have installed Rhino3D version 7.
Do you want to develop Parametric 3D Models without Scripting?
Welcome to the ultimate industry-leading micro-course, the first one out there that uses entirely real examples. In this course, you will learn how to design and develop simple to advanced Rhino models with the minimum amount of commands. The examples are a selection of real Buildings designed by industry leaders such as Zaha Hadid, Foster and Partners, BIG, SOM, AEDAS, MAD Architects, Flato Architects, Matsys Design, L&A Design Group Rafael Vinoly, Ian Simpson, Jürgen Mayer, and many more. All the examples are developed from scratch just using a photo as an input!
You will learn how to analyze and extract the key design features of any photo or sketch and quickly develop them as a 3D model in Rhino. The course includes various exercises for you to practice and sharpen your skills. It's a tool to learn how to think and design complex parametric, organic, or futuristic geometries quickly and efficiently. You will be able to download all the 3D models, practical examples, and useful guides for the course assignments and exercises.
Whether you are an Architect, student, engineer, artist, graphic/fashion, or product designer, then this course is for you. It will help you to uplift your Design skills to new highs since all the principles you gonna learn here are easily transferable across design principles, scales, and problem contexts.
Please Get on board and let's start!
1. In the course, we are mainly using Rhino 7 Windows interface but we do have some examples with Mac Interface.
2. The course is self-paced, so you can learn at your own speed and take as long as you need to complete each module. By the end of the course, you will have a professional-level portfolio of Rhino models that you can use to showcase your skills to potential employers or clients. This is an incredible opportunity to learn valuable skills and gain a competitive edge in the design industry, making the course an exceptional value for money!
3. Please note that this course requires a significant investment of time and effort from the student. It is not a one-day course, but rather a long-term program that requires consistent dedication and commitment. To get the most out of this course, you must be ready to dive headfirst into the world of parametric design and be willing to put in the necessary effort. We have carefully curated a selection of real buildings as examples, which you will be tasked with designing yourself. This hands-on approach is crucial for you to develop your skills and unleash your full potential as a parametric designer. So, if you're ready to take on this challenge and create truly stunning and innovative designs, enroll now and get ready for a journey that will change the way you think about design forever.
Who this course is for:
- Product Designers
- Fashion Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Game Developers
- Anyone who aspires to develop high skills in Parametric Design without Scripting.
A Greek native, Georgios Drakontaeidis is an Architect , Computational Design Specialist and Product Designer based in London. He has previously worked for Foster and Partners, Wilkinson Eyre Architects and Ecologic Studio on a number of international competitions and luxurious high-rise developments . His research explores how technology interacts and affects the way we design, make, and visualize our environment. Through his collaboration with designers and artists, he has developed top-notch skills that vary from complex geometrical modelling and 3d visualization to creative coding and architectural robotics.
Georgios has been worked as an architectural roboticist at the Bartlett School of Architecture where he has taught a plethora of computational design seminars and has contributed to the online teaching material of robotics as well as rhino-gh for the academic year 2020-2021.He holds a 5-year diploma in Architectural Engineering from N.T.U of Athens and a MArch in Architectural Design from the Bartlett, UCL with a scholarship from Lilian Voudouri foundation. His Master thesis was published and presented at conferences and publications internationally.