Palo Alto Networks Automation with API, Python & Ansible
What you'll learn
- Learn how to get profit from the XML and REST API on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
- Make your first steps with Ansible and learn how to automate tasks on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls via Playbooks.
- Become familiar with Python scripting and learn how to automate annoying tasks on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls .
- Learn how to generate thousands of configuration objects and rules on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls without much effort.
- Basic knowledge of Palo Alto Networks firewalls ( 3 months of experience minimum )
- You have a workstation with sufficient memory ( 8GB ) and CPU ( x64 ) to run the Automation Virtual Machine ( provided with the training material )
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language (Php, Python, Ruby etc) is advantageous but not strictly required.
- You have your own Palo Alto Networks Firewall or VM to practice the LABs ( NOT provided with the training material )
*** The only Palo Alto Networks Firewall course on Udemy 100% Automation oriented .***
Automation via API, Python or Ansible is now a "must-have" skill for network & security engineers. We have more equipment than ever to deal with and a lot of daily and repetitive tasks to execute. Tools like API or Ansible were created to help , however, online information is sometimes hard to find or difficult to interpret if you are a beginner.
I build this course from scratch with "Simplicity" in mind so that you can be efficient very quickly with API, Python & Ansible on Palo Alto Networks firewalls. The course includes a Virtual Machine that has all the automation tools to start playing with more than 15 awesome labs. You will also be given working samples of Python code and Ansible playbooks for each lab and get familiar with them.
WHAT OTHER STUDENTS SAY
This is a fantastic class. Spend the time and try to finalize all the labs. It is great! (this is from an Engineer with 30 years of experience in networking and security, and 8 years of experience in Palos and Python).
Great course. I work with Palo Alto firewalls all day and I really enjoyed the content. Looking forward to trying this out in a test environment and then moving on to production.
Course is very informative and help to work faster and save time.
Great video demonstration very helpful for beginners in automation
Very helpful, strongly Recommended
Who this course is for:
- You want to understand how APIs are implemented on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and how to use them.
- You want to understand the basics of Ansible and how it can help you to manage Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
- You want to get familiar with the Palo Alto Networks Python Framework.
- You want to practice APIs, Python, and Ansible on Palo Alto Networks Firewalls with more than 15 awesome LABs.
I'm a senior network engineer with extensive experiences in routing, switching & security gained over the last 15 years in Telco & Enterprise environments.
To make a long story short if you are here to pass the PCNSE or get to know Palo Alto gears you are in very good hands. I ve managed hundreds of projects with this technology and will help you to get a deep understanding of it.