Intuitive Painting with Mandalas
What you'll learn
- Identify what your life purpose is through the work with the meditations and the painting
- Apply and practice new techniques of painting, such as paint throwing, drybrushing, layering and detailed brushstrokes which will enhance every piece of art you create from here on in
- Concentrate to a degree never before thought possible, through the development of the mind, so that more focus and courage happen while in process of making a painting
- Access a state of non-reaction to serious life-events or dramas, through the application of painting with meditation. In a sense, the conscious act of painting calms the mind, brings the student into the present moment, and gives a person a safe, neutral platform for which to express one's feelings, especially when one is struggling with life's ups and downs
- Perform yoga postures in a safe and effective manner, holding them for long periods of time to tune into the connection of the body. When the body feels good, the meditation and painting process flows into magnificent creation and blissful magic
- Create paintings that one has never attempted in the past. For those stuck in creativity, it is a platform for self-expression and freedom. For those who keep painting in the same style for years, this course will break you out of a pattern and put a new style and spin on your work
- Be a more spiritual, kind person! You will learn about chakras and energy sublimation so that you can transfigure lower energies or negativity into higher states of vibration, giving you the power to heal yourself, and share this powerful healing tool (mediation with painting) with your friends, family and even clients, if you are in the therapeutic field
- Have more beauty in your life. You will be able to paint several paintings in this course. When they are complete, they will be so transformational and amazing, that you will want to hang them proudly and even sell them
- Unleash your creative potential to manifest everything you want in life, simply by thinking it, painting it, and releasing it to the world to see
- Tell people that you are creative, and actually paint something you can speak about to others. These paintings are dynamic, fun to make, playful, and all about what is happening in your mind. You might as well get the thoughts out of your head and onto a canvas so that your mind can be free from suffering and more free to let new pathways of how you are living your life, in.
- acrylic paints, paint brushes, heavy, quality artist paper or 3-4 canvases, rag or paper towel, water container, yoga mat, (water soluble watercolour pencils - optional)
- If you like wet painting, wear a painting apron or painting clothes
- If you wish to really get into the suggestions, put some newspaper down to protect the table or the floor
Painting Mandalas with Meditation (as a foundation) is a unique course aimed at assisting people in either acknowledging their creative, artistic skills in painting or changing the way an artist approaches new paintings via meditation, spirituality, breath or yoga techniques.
The course is about a technique called intuitive painting and instruction is given in how to develop one's intuition, to trust what is happening in the moment in the painting, learn how to let go of control and go with the flow of the paint, water and color selection. Participants are invited to go deeply into this work, to identify patterns in painting and in life, and change these ways for greater expression and freedom.
This course has 5 modules, and is designed to take breaks and have lots of painting time in between suggestions, instructions and activities, so it may take between 3-6 days, depending on how much time you spend painting and then changing your painting. There are no mistakes, only process and awareness of your processing of your life issues as you paint! Afterall, it IS a meditation!
The course is structured to give background, guided meditation instruction, or instruction in energy work and some suggested yoga poses to break up the stagnation that can occur when we sit for long periods of time and try to work through a problem without space for reflection and integration. You are given time to paint, just make sure you press stop to enjoy the processing, on the canvas or in your mind or body.
Take this course to become more creative, learn how to paint with greater courage, and to learn about meditation and the mind. Learn about the mandala process and discover purposeful living through painting your life story. Process events or emotions through this style of painting, reveal your patterns in your artwork.
Who this course is for:
- Adults wanting a different experience in art
- Meditators, yogis, or people wanting to learn about meditation or yoga
- Artists who are looking for new techniques in how to paint
- Artists who have become stagnant in their work, and wish to create something with more personality, depth, and emotion to evoke reaction in viewers
- People struggling with expressing emotions. This course is safe, effective, and personal "art therapy"
- Spiritually-inclined people wanting to develop artistic skills
- Children, teens, adults with learning disabilities, who could benefit from expressing in non-verbal ways
- Waldorf school teachers, parents, or students with an inclination to take a creative approach to learning and painting
- This course is probably not for you if you wish to paint a landscape or have a set idea of what the painting is going to turn out to look like. This is the point. being in the moment means that you will not plan out the outcome, because the outcome is unknown and unexpected. Flowers, horses and stick people will likely be painted over, by the time your painting(s) are finished.
Satyama Lasby is an instructor and artist of intuitive and mandala painting methods. She is trained in acrylic painting and teaches in person and online classes combining mindful practices as well as creative and emotional expression through creating art. While leaning to the East of the world for these therapeutic practices, she is also versed in Western painting methods and holds a degree in Fine Arts from Wilfrid Laurier University in Ontario, Canada.
As a living and loving example of how a person grows and changes over time, she saw how her own painting style expanded through using meditative and awareness techniques as well as fasting the body to paint more creatively and colorfully. She developed this style of painting originally.
Satyama is the owner of a meditative, body healing and yoga retreat business called Open to Bliss, and her art is exhibited online through her art website and in Koh Phagnan, Thailand. She is trained and influenced by the teachings of Osho Rajneesh, Swami Sivananda (Agama Yoga) and Integrative Yoga Therapy methods. She teaches painting methods and techniques, meditation, and hatha yoga with the awareness of space and time, which allows participants of her teachings to learn the maximum they can on their own path of growth. Her living life purpose is to assist people in becoming pain-free, happy, and focused on their creative sides, all over the world.