Paint Realistic Watercolor Portraits
What you'll learn
- How to Draw and Paint Realistic Portraits in Watercolor.
- Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Watercolor Techniques
- How to Choose and Edit a Good Portrait Reference
- The Process of Improving Artistic Ability
- Basic drawing skills and watercolor supplies - painting skills not necessary.
This course covers a full demonstration of a watercolor portrait. It begins with how to optimize photos for reference material. Then, the course covers how to draw a head accurately, how to prepare the paper with masking fluid, how to build layers of paint, how to create a likeness by modeling the features, and how to add finishing touches to bring the painting over the finish line.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate art students.
Hey there! I'm Anthony Pfohl, Jr., and I've been teaching drawing and watercolor for more than five years now. I founded Watercolor Guru because I noticed that most online watercolor instruction is overly-simplified, seeming to glaze over the important details.
I like to teach students the real, actual methods that I use to make a finished work, not just the theory. My classes dive deep into the nitty-gritty of painting, and my students finish feeling confident in what they learned and enthusiastic to keep learning.
Thanks, and I'll see you in class!