Paint Landscapes in Watercolor Part 2
What you'll learn
- At the end of the course you will be able to paint water, buildings and people.
- You will be able to simplify any landscape and paint these elements simply and quickly.
- You will have had the opportunity to paint in different styles.
- You will have grown in confidence!
- You won't need to know much about watercolor painting to take this course, but if you have painted a bit, then that will help. However it is not essential. This course is the second part of my Landscape Course, and so you may want to take Part 1 first. You will need some watercolor paints, brushes and paper.
- I use: ultramarine blue, cerulean blue, cadmium red, alizarin crimson, lemon yellow, yellow ochre and burnt sienna.
Have you ever had problems painting landscapes in watercolor? Have you struggled to paint water, buildings and people? Then this course will help you! I'll show you how to paint some of these common elements of the landscape with confidence! I'll teach you how to paint water in a variety of ways and situations, as we look at puddles, reflections and lakes, waterfalls and seas. I'll also show you how to paint simple buildings that will fit into any landscape and also how to put people in the picture.
By the end of this course you will be able to paint all these essential elements with ease. You will learn some simple techniques that will help you paint great landscape paintings. No matter if you are a beginner or if you have a little experience of painting, this course will help you improve.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn the basic essential skills of landscape painting in watercolor.
I have taught painting for many years, both in adult education classes and also over the internet. Through my online courses I have taught thousands of people to paint since 2005. I have lead a number of painting holidays in the UK and overseas, write regularly for Leisure Painter magazine in the UK, and for a short time I was an instructor with Derwent Pencils. For five years I worked in ceramics, painting large tiled wall murals to commission.
I am originally from England, but now live in southern Spain with my lovely wife and two dogs.
My interest in painting goes back to my childhood, and I have learned throughout my life the skills and ideas that have kept me in employment and which I now hope to pass on to you. I love working in watercolors and gouache, and also in oils and acrylics. Each of these requires a different way of working, but I always aim to keep my paintings lively and fresh. I always want to convey something of the heart to anyone looking at my paintings.
The exercises and painting projects in my courses have all been thoroughly tested over time and proved to work well, and I am constantly amazed at the speed at which students improve. I hope you enjoy learning with me!