Paint a colorful, fluid & dramatic LAVENDER field. Watch me.
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- See how easy it is to paint in a less rigid style in watercolours.
- Learn how to correct mistakes, even when using watercolour paints.
- Learn how to use the white space of the paper on a tree to enhance light and shade.
- Learn how to decide on a composition in a watercolour painting.
- You will need to be familiar with watercolour paints
- Students will need watercolour paint, paper and brushes.
- More details of what you need are in Lecture 1
Lovely fragrant and colorful lavender
You can't get enough of a good thing, especially something as beautiful and healing as lavender. The fields in Provence, south of France are world famous for their abundance and colorful beauty, so here is number two in the series.
Perfect for those who wish to learn more and to loosen up their painting style. See what is covered.
More color mixing in watercolors.
Understand the drying cycle of the watercolor paint with the water.
Look at composition and finished appearance in a different way.
Learn how to 'double load' your brush with watercolor paint.
Use the 'spattering' technique effectively.
If you would like to really go with the flow with your watercolor painting this is a great painting workshop for you to do.Full of colour and technique, you will produce a vibrant painting that has spontaneity and energy. Relax as you paint and enjoy the process.
Why choose one of my courses?
Because, as a self taught artist I understand how a lot of people feel about their creative work, sometimes anxious, sometimes overwhelmed and often that it's not 'good enough'. I will hold your hand as you overcome these fears as I offer a friendly, relaxed and sensitive teaching style.
I also have years of experience of teaching people of all levels both in person and via the internet.
Do one of my courses and you will feel as if I am in the room with you every step of the way.
Enjoy your painting, love Nicola
- This workshop is for those who want to paint with less detail in watercolours.
- It is for those who feel they are stuck with their watercolour painting.
- It is for those who want to paint in a bolder style
- It's for those who are shy about using lots of colour when it comes to watercolour painting..
You will need your paints a number 8 and 1 brush and two jars of clean water.
You will also need some masking fluid and absorbent kitchen paper and some heavy watercolour paper
This video will explain the starting point for the painting and the first step.
Here comes the exciting bit, adding the lavender.
As I saw on my visit to see the famous lavender fields of Provence, France, they come in lots of different colours.
I used a paint which was called violet by Sennelier or you can mix a red and a blue it depends what you have. Make sure you use a warm red and blue or it might come out a bit muddy.