Page Object Model pattern for Selenium WebDriver & Java
What you'll learn
- Master how to use Page Object Model to write MAINTAINABLE test automation scripts
- Explore awesome advanced techniques such as Fluid Syntax + Business Methods
- Modify an existing Selenium automation project to learn exactly how Page Object Model works
- Get the advanced Selenium skills you need to apply for an automation job
- Code along using Java, C#, Python or whatever language you want
- Learn exactly what Page Object Model is, and why we use it
- Discover why Page Object Model is a perfect fit for agile software development
- How to make your test scripts bullet-proof from the start
- Basic understanding of Selenium
- Ability to create test automation scripts
- Basic coding skills
In this course you'll learn exactly what the Page Object Model pattern is in the best way, first by understanding what it is and why we use it, before diving right in and creating a simple Page Object Model together to understand the core coding concepts and techniques needed. Then we'll explore some awesome advanced techniques and tips & tricks - like Fluid Syntax and Business Methods - which will really super-charge your Page Object Model skills and take your Selenium WebDriver coding to the next level.
I'll also cover the benefits of using Page Object Model in an Agile project environment, how and when to to refactor, the importance of bullet-proofing your Selenium scripts from the start, structuring your automation projects using Separation of Concerns, coding common modules, and much more. Many of these techniques have been learnt by me from years of hard experience doing test automation in the real world, and you won't easily find them documented elsewhere.
By the end of this course you will not only have learnt how to create Selenium WebDriver test automation scripts using Page Object Model, but you will know how to do it RIGHT.
Who this course is for:
- Test Automation Engineers
- Manual Testers
- Test Managers
Recent test automation projects have been successfully completed for clients in the banking, insurance, health care and military sectors.