Paediatric First Aid Training (Child and Baby/Infant)
What you'll learn
- Understand the role and responsibility of the Paediatric First Aider
- To perform emergency first aid to a child and baby
- Treatment of unconscious casualty who is breathing - recovery position
- Treatment of a unconscious casualty who is not breathing - CPR
- Treatment of a choking casualty
- Treatment of a casualty with external bleeding
- Treatment of a casualty with a seizure
- Treatment of a suspected injury to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Treatment of conditions affected eyes, ears and nose
- Treatment of acute medical condition or sudden illness (Diabetes, Asthma, Allergic Reactions, Meningitis, Febrile Convulsions)
- This course is suitable for anyone who would like an increased knowledge in first aid.
- You do not need any previous experience of first aid
Welcome to Paediatric first aid training.
This course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge of First Aid skills to support during first aid emergencies when a child or infant become ill or injured.
This course is also an excellent First Aid Training package for parents and child carers to gain invaluable knowledge at their own time and pace. It also serves as a superb resource for those with English as a Second Language to equip them with the vocabulary and language skills and for all to refresh this vital knowledge on a regular basis.
First aid is probably one of the most essential life skills that everyone should have, but not every is like you and protective and are apart to embark on a journey in learning these skills.
The knowledge of first aid can literally be the difference between life and death when an emergency occurs.
The course consists of videos that encourage you to practice the skills you are learning. But would always encourage you to back up the knowledge you are learning on this e learning course by attending a practical course in your local area.
There are numerous handouts you can download and keep for future reference as well as short tests to check your learning after various sections.
We will keep you entertained and engaged throughout and will always be on hand to help answer any questions you have - just email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Q&A section. The course is fully compatible with all computers and mobile devices.
You will be able to stop and start as often as you like and on completion you will be able to print your Certificate.
First aid kit
The role of the first aider
Managing an emergency and where to obtain help
Communication and casualty care
Treatment of an unconscious casualty
Resuscitation (Child, infant and adult protocols)
Choking (Child, infant and adult protocols)
Asthma and diabetic emergencies
Extremes of hot and cold
Sprains, strains and fractures
Poisoning, bites and stings
Childhood conditions (e.g. meningitis an croup)
Sickle cell anaemia.
EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training provides this course for guidance and it is not in any way a substitute for medical advice. EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made, or actions taken based on this course. We strongly recommend that you attend a practical First Aid course to understand what to do in a medical emergency.
Please be aware that the information is correct at the time of filming June 2021 and relates only to UK Resuscitation and First Aid guidelines. If you are outside the UK please refer to your countries guidelines and governing board.
Who this course is for:
- This course is an excellent First Aid Training package for parents and child carers to gain invaluable knowledge at their own time and pace.
- This course can be used as part of a blended learning Paediatric First Aid Course.
I have over 20 years experience in the first aid industry and currently work as a Assistant Head Teacher in a South London Secondary School.
I volunteer as a community first responder with the London Ambulance Service and deliver first aid courses in London and Kent.
I am very passionate about teaching everyone the skills needed to save someones life. First aid is essential in emergency cases. Knowing what action needs to be taken to control an emergency can make the difference between life and death