Packer from Scratch in AWS
What you'll learn
- What is Packer? How it will be work in AWS?
- Installation of Packer in Windows, Unix Operating System (OS)
- Understanding .json file (packer templates)
- Packer Terminology
- Packer Commands
- Authentication way
- Packer variables
- Packer builders
- Packer provisioners
- Calling Packer script from Jenkins
- Packer examples in AWS, creating new custom images AMI, installing few Software's in that images & using as example
- N-number of labs
- AWS IAM User and Access And Secret Key
- Jenkins Download and Installation in Windows 10
- Apache Web Server Instance with Custom Image
- Vagrant and VirtualBox installation in Windows 10
- Computer (Unix/Windows/Other family)
- Optional: Debit/Credit card for creating AWS creation
- Optional: Initial knowledge of AWS/Scripting/Computer
At the end of this course, you will be able to create AWS Image (Amazon Machine Image) by Packer & that Image will be use for Image base solution for AWS (Blue & Green) implementation.
How to install Packer in Windows/Unix?
Understand packer.json file (templates)
How to use builders?
All will be done in Windows/Unix like Operating System
All product owner (AWS, HashiCorp, Jenkins any others) have right to change their product and as instructor I will implement change as per my time and availability.
Rapid Infrastructure Deployment
Use Terraform to launch completely provisioned and configured machine instances with Packer images in seconds.
Identical images allow you to run dev, staging, and production environments across platforms.
By provisioning instances from stable images installed and configured by Packer, you can ensure buggy software does not get deployed.
Increased Dev / Production Parity
Keep dev, staging, and production environments as similar as possible by generating images for multiple platforms at the same time.
Reliable Continuous Delivery
Generate new machine images for multiple platforms, launch and test, and verify the infrastructure changes work; then, use Terraform to put your images in production.
Appliance Demo Creation
Create software appliances and disposable product demos quickly, even with software that changes continuously.
Note: please let me know if any thing not working in my course so that I will updated accordingly, your feedback is really appreciated. AWS console page got some changes but you can search all services from search box.
Who this course is for:
- Automation Engineer who is looking for automate AWS AMI (Image) base solution or creation and .box file
- IT Engineering Team
- Software Developer
- DevSecOps Engineer
- SysOps Engineer
- Cloud Architect
Solution Architect and Overall 15+ years of IT experiences in all SDLC. Love to Learn new tools & technologies most of them are, AWS Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC) in Terraform, CD, CI and CT with Packer, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus, Sonarqube, Icinga, Grafit, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Logstas, Filebeats, Metricsbeats, Kibana, Boto/Shell Scripting and many more.
Learn, share and earn