OWASP Top 10 for Docker Containers and Kubernetes Security
What you'll learn
- Kubernetes Security Concepts
- Technical insight into Kubernetes
- Container Internals & Security
- Identify and understand the top security risks associated with Kubernetes
- How to secure container images and prevent supply chain attacks
- Best practices for securing Kubernetes-based systems in production
- Gain practical skills through hands-on activities and real-world examples
- Common vulnerabilities and exploits, and how they can impact containerized deployments
- Basic knowledge of containerization concepts
- Familiarity with the command-line interface (CLI) and basic Linux commands
In the world of containerization, Kubernetes has emerged as a powerful platform for managing and deploying software applications. Its popularity has grown tremendously in recent years, but with that comes an increased need for security. This is where the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Kubernetes Top 10 comes in. This course will provide students with a detailed understanding of these risks and how to address them to secure containerized deployments.
Throughout this course, students will gain an in-depth understanding of the most critical security risks associated with Kubernetes. They will learn about common vulnerabilities and exploits, as well as the potential impact of these risks on containerized deployments. From there, students will dive into the essential security measures needed to protect Kubernetes clusters and applications running on them. This includes topics such as access controls, authentication and authorization, network security, and more.
The course is designed to be highly interactive, with plenty of hands-on activities and real-world examples to ensure students gain practical skills that can be applied immediately. By the end of the course, students will have a solid understanding of Kubernetes security risks, the measures necessary to protect against them, and the tools and techniques available to manage security effectively. Whether you are a developer, system administrator, or security professional, this course will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to secure your containerized deployments.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who are building containerized applications and want to ensure they are secure
- Security researchers who want to gain a deeper understanding of Kubernetes security risks and mitigation techniques
- System administrators who are managing Kubernetes clusters and want to implement best security practices
- DevOps engineers who are responsible for deploying and managing containerized applications in Kubernetes
- IT managers who want to ensure their organization's Kubernetes-based systems are secure and compliant
- Anyone interested in learning about Kubernetes security risks and mitigation techniques, regardless of their role or experience level
Certified Professional Cloud Architect and Kubernetes enthusiast with several years of experience working with DevOps, container orchestration and platform engineering. He has helped multiple organizations implement DevOps practices and improve the reliability and scalability of their applications on Kubernetes. He also have experience in designing and implementing cloud infrastructure, and have deep understanding of best practices for cloud security, compliance, and governance. He has a strong passion for sharing his knowledge with others and helping them to be successful with DevOps, Kubernetes and Cloud Architecture.