Overview of Web Design
- Open Mind, that's all. This course has no requirements.
Hi and Welcome!
My name is Naresh and I will be your instructor for this course.
Web design is all about designing websites.
And this course will help you get a good understanding of what Web Design is all about.
Now again, when it comes to websites, designing is not just about making a website look visually pretty.
A good-looking website without any practical use doesn't help the user of the website in any way.
So, Web designing also means designing user experience in such a way that a user can make use of the website easily and without much thinking.
We will start off by understanding what a design actually means.
And once we have a solid understanding, we will understand what is Web Design.
Then we will understand what is the difference between UX and UI and we will clarify their importance.
After that, we will understand the core components of web design so that you will get a clear idea about what it takes to become a good web designer.
Next, we will discuss how much time it takes to become a good web designer by talking about the reality check.
And then, we will discuss some good tools of web design.
I wish there was a course like this when I got started learning Web Designing.
I hope you'll find the course extremely helpful.
I wish you all the best!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is trying to getting started as a web designer. Under 90 minutes, you'll be able to see the big picture of Web Design with a ton of examples to help you understand what Web Design actually is and what it takes to become successful as a Web Designer.
- 02:50What is Design?
- 01:11What is Web Design?
- 02:02UI Design vs UX Design
- 02:20What is UI Design?
- 03:56What is UX Design?
- 04:58Example of a good UX Design
- 06:41What is Interaction Design?
- 11:36What is Information Architecture?
- 04:54What is Usability Testing?
- 05:01What is Prototyping?
- 00:50Reality Check for Web Designers
- 13:54Tools of Web Design
Hi, My name is Naresh and I love anything that deals with a website.
I am the founder of UsableWP and a certified WordPress expert at Codeable.
I always thought my dream was to become a good coder and build awesome things with it.
It seemed like an appropriate dream given my interest in computers.
I felt emotional when my clients said I saved their day.
But, I always felt something is missing. Something is not adding up.
That's when I realized that I need to be a Kingmaker.
I always had a knack for explaining concepts in a simple yet clear manner.
I have now decided to help you learn whatever skills I have learned by beating around the bush in a trial and error manner so that you don't have to go through what I went through.
And, here I am!