Overview of Supply Chain Metrics-Beginner level
What you'll learn
- Improvement is possible only when you are able to measure the right metrics
- Keys to efficiency in supply chain execution include how well and cost-effectively companies drive the flow of materials from procurement to delivery, including
- Supply Chain Metrics, Inventory Turnover
- Cash to cash, On Time Delivery performance etc..
- Basic knowledge about Supply Chain functions
What Are Supply Chain Metrics?
Supply chain metrics are the numbers and ratios a company tracks to measure how efficiently it delivers goods to customers. Keys to efficiency in supply chain execution include how well and cost-effectively companies drive the flow of materials from procurement to delivery, including activities like production, warehousing and transportation.
The right metrics shed light on where to invest to achieve maximum returns.
It’s vital to employ metrics and KPIs to assess how your supply chain is performing.
Important KPIs for finance include cash-to-cash cycle times and gross margin return on investments.
Inventory turnover ratios and inventory velocity are two central gauges of how well your company manages its intake and outflow of goods.
A central KPI dashboard accessible to all stakeholders helps leaders stay on the same page and prioritize resources.
What is supply chain KPIs?
Supply chain key performance indicators (KPIs) quantify how well a supply chain is performing. Leaders need to decide which KPIs are most important to track.
Because there are many metrics that can add value, we often advise companies to divide supply chain KPIs into tiers based on functions. A company may decide on a bucket of top metrics that are most important to its business KPIs occasionally.
Who this course is for:
- Supply Chain Professionals, at all levels
Founder & Chief consultant at Exxpert SCM, Bangalore
* Organizational experience of 25 years
* APICS Certified: CPIM, CSCP, CLTD, DDI Certified - DDPP, ISM Certified - CPM, PMI Certified - PMP
* Analytics qualified, Expert in Supply Chain Analytics
* Trained for Training(Train the Trainer)
# All above 4 qualities makes a perfect Supply Chain Trainer, which is possible with only trainers globally
He has wide experience of three decades in manufacturing sector comprising automotive, and machinery.
He has worked in India and Abroad in MNCs such as BOSCH, WABCO, VISTEON and BIESSE. He has held various senior positions in supply chain such as GM – Supply chain, GM – Material Planning and Logistics.
He has lead and managed large teams of supply chain professionals specializing in areas such as warehouse and distribution management, logistics management and material planning. He has successfully implemented various supply chain processes, optimization projects, ERP implementation projects and cost saving projects etc.
Last 5 years, he is heading the current organization, providing both consulting & training. One of the popular program is "Supply Chain Analytics" which has the global audiences and appreciated by peers.
Our organization provides both live and self paced programs