Overcoming Triggers - The Secret To Habit Success
What you'll learn
- How to find and fix the emotional trigger behind your habit
- Managing habit triggers at home
- Managing habit triggers at work
- Managing Relapse Warning Signs
- Overcoming Triggers During Downtime
- No matter what your habit you can have better control if you learn to manage your triggers. In this easy to understand course you will learn where to look and what to do with those triggers that trip us up.
Habits are hard to break. We try and keep failing. It could be you are unaware of or haven't eliminated the triggers that are tempting you. Triggers are the mixture of time, people and places that tempt us to resume the habit that we are trying to change. Often it is out of our awareness and before you know it, you have slipped. You can gain a lot of ground in your quest to change your habits and crush your cravings if you focus on identifying your triggers; then, creating and rehearsing a plan ahead of time for managing them.
In this course you will discover:
How to adjust your mindset to overcome temptation - It is easy to have a defeated attitude when you are trying to change. In this course you will learn how to have a change mindset.
The many different areas that you may have triggers - It is amazing how many different things can trigger us. We will help you discover triggers at home, at work, and even in the places you go.
How to get rid of the triggers that are bothering you - Knowing your triggers is one thing. Getting rid of them is another. You must work hard at changing those things that stumble you.
How to work on controlling your emotions - Emotions are a big part of habits. Controlling our emotions will lead to good trigger management.
The Warnings Signs of Relapse - Nothing happens without reasons. Knowing the reasons is a great first step in preventing a slip or relapse.
How to prevent slipping or relapsing - We are not without hope. There are things that you can to to manage triggers and prevent relapse.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone struggling with personal habits or addictions. If you are struggling then the chances are there are triggers that you have left exposed that are tripping you up. In this course you will learn where to look and what to do with the triggers you do find.
Ron Ovitt is an author, ordained minister, pastoral counselor, recovery
coach, podcaster, and public speaker. Ron is a Change Agent. Besides being in the ministry, Ron has studied both at the undergraduate and graduate level in Clinical Psychology and has participated in many different seminars and courses.
Well-read in the latest research, Ron has a grasp on the latest in neuroscience, trauma recovery, addictions, ADHD, and anxiety and has training in practices such as Neurofeedback, EMDR, CPT, Poly Vagal Theory, ADHD clinical practices, Somatic Experiencing, and PTSD Growth techniques. Ron is an expert in the integration of Christianity and Psychology.
Ron has had successful recovery and homeless ministries. It was then that he started teaching about the emotional issues involving addiction, anxiety, and how we can change. He has lectured on Emotional Resilience over 500 times and has an online following of thousands. He specializes in emotional resilience, anxiety, habits, relationships, and Christian spirituality and discipleship.