- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- OSINT (Open-Source Intelligence) tools and techniques
- Flow charts to explain the OSINT process for the tools and techniques taught
- Software tools and browser add-ons for Open Source investigations
- Investigation techniques for Social Media sites including Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok and Twitter
- Search engine operators to aid in OSINT investigations
- How to set up your system for investigations to limit exposure
- How to record evidence correctly to support operations
- A computer to install the add-ons, software and to use for your OSINT investigations
- A smartphone for your social media accounts
The Internet is a vital tool for investigation, with individuals now sharing more information on themselves than ever. Through the effective use of web browsers, search engines and social media you can find a plethora of information on an individual, this is referred to as Open-Source Intelligence. This course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) and has been expertly crafted to cover all of the core basics that you will need to know so that you can conduct your own OSINT investigations.
This course is suitable for anyone in either the public or private sectors, particularly those within law enforcement, corporate security, investigations, journalism and human resources, who are all heavily involved in the collection of information for intelligence purposes.
The course has been developed by an expert in internet-based criminal investigation via Open-Source methods, who has successfully utilised OSINT techniques during both Police and Private investigations. The trainer has a law enforcement background and successfully used the skills demonstrated within this course to identify and locate criminal individuals.
Through this course, you'll learn the best way to set up your machine to conduct investigations, as well as the current techniques utilised in the day to day work of an OSINT professional. This course will demonstrate tools currently available to aid OSINT practitioners in their investigations and research into individuals and businesses. The course also covers Open-Source policy, an often-overlooked section within OSINT training. As well as learning the tools and techniques, it's also crucial to know when you can take action and what action is appropriate; graduates of our training will be educated on UK policy for Open-Source research and investigation, to ensure knowledge of accepted UK guidance for individuals acting on behalf of law enforcement or a business. You will also learn the best way to navigate social media as an OSINT investigator, utilising the latest SOCMINT techniques. You will learn how to search Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn to best gather information on your targets.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to conduct your own OSINT investigations and will have a thorough understanding of the tools at your disposal. Whether you're a solo practitioner just starting out, someone just interested in what an OSINT specialist does or can find out about you, or you're a seasoned professional looking for a refresher and an overview of the best systems currently available, this course will suit your needs.
- Intelligence professionals (Researchers, Officers and Analysts)
- Recruitment Departments
- Fraud Departments
- Anyone seeking an insight into how OSINT practitioners operate, to see what information about you may be available.
- Employers or future employers looking to do a background check
This lecture will provide an introduction to the course leader, Steve Adams. The lecture will also outline how the course will progress.
This lecture will give a brief overview of what Open-Source Intelligence is.
The lecture explains how to install Buscador and Virtual Box, a Virtual Machine Application.