OSHA Safety Training: Hazardous Materials
What you'll learn
- Identification of hazardous material and how one can be exposed and affected by them
- Identification of hazards associated with hazardous materials, including injuries and ill-health issues that may occur
- Describe methods and techniques for elimination of physical hazards of hazardous materials
- Describe methods and techniques for elimination of health hazards of hazardous materials
- The hierarchy of controls (Elimination, Substitution, Engineering Controls, Administrative Controls, PPEs)
- HAZMAT Checklist / Worksheet including Hazard identification, evaluation and controlling
- The student will be able to describe preventative/protective measures for hazardous materials found in the workplace.
- Student must be able to understand English
- Introductory knowledge of industrial health, safety required
Those who work in the industry and want to improve their working knowledge came across hazardous materials in their everyday work. These materials can include some chemicals, biohazards, pressurized cylinders and sometimes locations going and working into it can be graded as hazardous like (confines spaces). OSHA 10 Hours Outreach Training contains various sections and hazardous materials (HAZMAT) is one of them.
In this training in 01 hours of this video content, I have tried to summarize and elaborate the OSHA guidelines about Hazardous Materials. The complete standard is Hazardous Materials standard, 29 CFR 1910 Subpart H which is referred and information has been taken from that standard, however since the standard is large enough, here we have taken important points and notes from that.
If you want to improve your knowledge, take this course, there are also some downloadable resources which include a hazardous chemical register which you can download in this training, and an e-book which I have found very helpful during my own working in the industry.
You must do this course whether:
You are a fresh safety professional and want to increase your knowledge of Hazardous Materials
You are an experienced health and safety professional and want to learn OSHA Guidelines
You are a student and going to learn about Chemical Safety
You are an HSE Professional, Safety Officer, Safety Engineer, HAZMAT Store Incharge, this course will help you
If you have an interest in HSE and you are working in HSE/Safety as a professional then you definitely need to update yourself and OSHA guidelines are the best resources for your professional development in EHS. Hazmat studies are essential if you are working as HSE Engineers and Managers. Apart from Hazardous materials, this course will also focus on Hazardous Waste handling and Process Safety Management.
Click on Add to cart and Happy Learning!
Who this course is for:
- HSE Professionals who are interacting with hazardous materials
- Lab workers working in laboratory with chemicals and bio hazards
- Industrial workers who are concerned with chemicals and flammables
- Students who want to learn about hazardous materials, their evaluation and control techniques
- In-house trainers who want to increase their knowledge on the subject matter
- Professionals who want to learn OSHA guidelines
HSE-Q Trainings is a Training and Consultancy firm, we have a team of trainers who are certified in International Diploma in Safety Engineering (Level 6) – by NCFE, UK – Accredited for GRAD IOSH , Certified IOSH Managing Safely – by IOSH, UK, HABC Fire Safety Certified – by HABC, UK, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Certified – by IRCA, UK and many more, we have a experience in giving training session on topics like ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, OHSAS 18001, Behavior Based Safety, Leadership, Career Counseling, Managing Emotions & Attitude at Workplace, Interview Skills & Resume Writing, HSE, Fire Safety, 5-s, Risk Assessment (HIRA + TRA), Basic Warehouse Safety, we have trained staff and management of some high level organizations like Hilong, Three Gorges Wind Mill Farm, Hascol, Agility & Tristar, The Citizen Foundation, Society for Education & Welfare, Society for International Educaiton, Evolution a US Consulate Project for education. We are working for more than 9 years in national and multinational firms in quality, health and safety, operations and supply chain.