Orthodontic biomechanics and anchorage
What you'll learn
- Orthodontic tooth movement
- Biomechanics of tooth movement
- Types of dental movements: Tipping, Translation, Root movement, Rotation, Intrusion, Extrusion
- Deep bite correction. Correction of bilateral posterior open bite. Correction of anterior cross bite. Use of V bend. Diastema closure
- Indications for anchorage
- Types of anchorage. Minimal Anchorage. Moderate Anchorage. Maximum or Severe Anchorage. Absolut Anchorage
- Interested in becoming an orthodontic specialist
This course will take you from zero to hero of the following orthodontic topics: Orthodontic tooth movement; Biomechanics of tooth movement and Anchorage.
Here are the main headlines that this course covers:
Orthodontic tooth movement
1. Role and structure of periodontal ligament
2. Theory of tooth movement
3. Optimal orthodontic force
4. Tissue response to orthodontic force
4.1 Changes in the pressure zone
4.2 Changes in the tension zone
5. Stages of tooth movement
6. Types of force based on magnitude and force decay.
7. Effects on drugs on the response to orthodontic force
Biomechanics of tooth movement
2. Laws of Newton
3. Definition of force
4. Definition of center of resistance
5. Center of rotation
6. Definition of moment
7. Types of dental movements
7.3 Root movement
8. Definition of a couple
9. Static equilibrium
10. Action and reaction
11. Deep bite correction
12. Correction of bilateral posterior open bite
13. Correction of anterior cross bite
14. Use of V bend
15. Diastema closure
1.Definition for anchorage
2. Classification of anchorage
2.1 Intraoral or extraoral
2.2 Intramaxillary and intermaxillary
2.3 Type A, Type B, Type C
3. Intramaxillary anchorage
Soft tissue anchorage
4. Intermaxillary anchorage
5. Extraoral anchorage
6. Indications for anchorage
7. Factors to consider determining the type of anchorage
8. Tips to reinforce posterosuperior anchorage
9. Tips to reinforce anteroinferior anchorage
10. Types of anchorage
10.1.1. Minimal Anchorage.
Arch wire tie back.
10.2. Moderate Anchorage.
Transpalatine Arch (TPA).
10.3. Maximum or Severe Anchorage.
10.4. Absolut Anchorage
Who this course is for:
- General dentists and post-graduate students
- Dental students
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is a renowned international lecturer and trains dentists from all over the world in orthodontics. She is the author of over 40 online orthodontic courses, which are attended by dentists from Germany, England, Italy, France, USA, Ireland, Mexico, Bahrain, South Africa, Kenya, Taiwan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, Portugal, Egypt and many other countries.
She is the author of the books “Orthodontic Treatment Protocols” and “Everything about orthodontic treatment”. She is the best-selling and highest-rated orthodontic trainer in Udemy.
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is the inventor of an innovative method of applying stabilization arches during orthodontic treatment that significantly optimizes treatment time.
She graduated Dental Medicine at Medical University – Sofia and specialized in orthodontics in Poland. She learned orthodontic specifics from world-known lecturers like Prof. Adrian Becker, Prof. Stella Chaushu, Dr. Richard P. McLaughlin (creator of the MBT braces system), Dr. Giorgio Fiorelli.
She applies the acquired knowledge in her daily orthodontic practice. She has treated hundreds of cases in her orthodontic clinic.