Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders & Their Impact On Health
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Define Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs)
- Explain why OMDs are detrimental
- Review the physiology of swallowing
- Review various treatment modalities
- Familiarize themselves with some measuring tools used in research
- Objectively evaluate most orofacial features
- You should have basic background knowledge on the orofacial structures and a measuring ruler prior to taking this course.
Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs) are disorders pertaining to the orofacial complex, which lead to seemingly unrelated physical problems and symptoms. They may affect directly and indirectly airway function, occlusion, deglutition, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, speech, and other. OMDs may also impinge upon various medical and dental treatments. Therefore, early intervention and treatment are key; as in many cases they can be prevented.
This is an introductory course designed to attempt to fill a need for clinical information about Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders and their detrimental health effects; and provides basic knowledge on assessment, prevention and various treatment modalities used for the treatment of OMDs.
Basic background knowledge about the orofacial complex is necessary for taking this course; as it offers you an introductory clinical overview of OMDs.
The materials included in this course are a 90 minute power point presentation, latest and most up to date research articles, airway screening questionnaires, patient educational material for your office, and a list of helpful educational websites. The only material required for this course is a ruler. The course is structured in a way that breaks the information down into several categories which include:
Define Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMDs)
Explain why OMDs are detrimental
Review the physiology of swallowing
Review various treatment modalities
Familiarize themselves with some measuring tools used in research
Objectively evaluate most orofacial features
- This course is designed for any medical and/or dental professional seeking to enhance their knowledge on Myofunctional Diosrders.