Organizational Structure and Design - Foundation
What you'll learn
- Definitions of organization structure and organization design
- Some indicators of problems with your organization structure
- Descriptions and pros and cons of standard forms of organization structures
- How you might go about changing your organization structure / design, and
- Tracking success of a change to your organization structure
This short course provides what leaders need to know to set up the most important changes in their businesses for lasting success. You will learn terms, concepts, and steps that can give you more comfort and confidence to initiate and participate in meaningful organizational change.
In this course, you will...
Describe organization structure and the broader definition of organization design
Identify indicators of problems with your organization structure
Describe some standard forms of organization structures look like
Outline how you might go about changing your organization structure / design
Define success of a change to your organization structure
Put yourself in a management seminar on the foundations of organization design and learn what managers in top performing companies have learned and applied.
Who this course is for:
- Business Managers seeking to understand their organizational system
- Human Resources Professionals and Students seeking a practical discussion of org. design
- Management Consultants seeking a connection of structure to operations and culture
- Students of Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Change Management practitioners seeking understanding of a basis of organizational impact
Len is dedicated to helping executives plan, design, and manage their organizations for outstanding performance. He has an extensive background in complex organization change management, strategic planning, organization restructuring and management education and training. Prior to his own consulting practice, he has held progressive client-facing roles with accenture, Deloitte, IBM, Loblaw, and COREinternational, as well as lectured at several universities. He and enjoys life in Canada with great food, friends and family.