Organic edible gardening
What you'll learn
- Understand how to grow edible plants by organic methods, and demonstrate how this can be easily achieved.
- Understand how to improve soil fertility which is the basis of god plant growth
- Identify ways of controlling pests & diseases by natural methods
- Understand how to harvest your edible plants successfully
- Have basic gardening knowledge and basic gardening tools
This course is ideal if you want to learn how to create a successful edible garden using organic methods. At the end of the course you will be able to understand organic growing principles and apply them to your own edible garden.
Learn how to improve your soils and soil fertility
Find out how to grow plants in raised gardens and greenhouses to optimise growth.
Find out how you can irrigate your garden
Find out how you can directly sow seeds in your garden.
Find out how you plant out seedlings in your garden.
Learn about how crop rotation and companion planting can improve your soil and reduce pests and diseases.
Find out about how to control pests and diseases using organic methods.
Learn about how you can harvest your edible plants to keep them fresh and tasty.
This course offers you a simple, easy way to understand organic growing methods, and how you can apply them in your garden.
Once you have obtained the information you can set up your edible garden and grow plants successfully.
Who this course is for:
- Keen gardeners
I have worked in the horticulture/landscape industry for 40 years. I have also taught at polytechnics and universities. I have been on radio and TV on gardening shows plus have written 6 books on gardening. At present I have my own landscape design & consultancy business here in Wellington New Zealand, plus I give lectures on pruning and plant care to garden groups.