Organic Chemistry - Bonding And Molecular Structure
What you'll learn
- You Will Understand The Atomic Structure Of The Atom.
- You Will Be Able To Know What Are Isotopes.
- You Will See The Importance of Valence Electrons And How To Know them For Any Element.
- You Will Learn The Structure Theory Of The Organic Compounds.
- You Will Be Able To Distinguish Between Molecular Formula And Structural Formula.
- You Will Learn What Isomers Are.
- You Will Understand The Chemical Bonds And Octet Rule.
- You Will Learn How To Write Lewis Structure For Any Compound.
- You Will Be Able To Determine The Formula Charge For Any Atom In Any Compound.
- You Will Know What Is Resonance and How To write It.
- You Will Understand The Hybridization Of Atoms Very Well.
- You Will Learn The Molecular Geometry Theory With A Lot Examples.
- IUPAC Nomenclature of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Cycloalkenes, Bridge cycles, Alcohols and Alkyl groups
- You Will Understand The Bond Rotation and Conformations
- You will Be Able to Calculate The Index of hydrogen deficiency (IHD)
- You will understand Stereochemistry and Chiral Molecules
- You will learn The Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions
- You will understand The Kinetics of a Nucleophilic Substitution Reaction: An SN2 Reaction
- You will be able to understand The Mechanism for the SN1 Reaction
- You will know The Factors Affecting the Rates of Reactions
- You will learn The Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
- You will be able to How To Determine Whether Substitution or Elimination Is Favored
- Know the basics of General Chemistry would be so helpful.
- This course is very simple and no need for any techniques to be understood.
Are you one of the high school students: Chemistry student, Pharmacy student, biology student and you have problems in studying Organic Chemistry???
Do you Like Organic Chemistry but you don’t know how to study the basics in Chemistry???
Are you suffering from understanding the basics of Organic Chemistry which makes the Exam as a nightmare for you???
Do you want to be a master in Organic Chemistry and pass the Chemistry exam getting a high score easily???
Whatever the reason you have for thinking about studying Organic Chemistry , Whether you were Chemistry student, Pharmacy student, Biology student, this course will help you to understand the essential basics of Chemistry.
Have a look at some awesome reviews about this course!!!
★★★★★ "I couldn't believe that I actually understood the organic chemistry from this course since it has been so long and I needed a refreshment for my memory" - Bx laxman
★★★★★ "The content is very well explained, there are plenty of examples solved step by step a. Ether you want the learn all the concepts covered, or just review for an exam, the course is great" - Suzanne R. Wyse
★★★★★ "An awesome course help me a lot" - Osama Ayad Shehata
★★★★★ "Best lectures!!I love organic chemistry and am so happy with this course" - desr Monry
★★★★★ "Very impressive , easy to learn the awesome content" - Jacky Abraham
★★★★★ "If you're struggling with organic chemistry, I would suggest taking this course, as its very straight forward and easy to be understood" - Bee J Hamixen
This course will help you in covering everything you will need to know as you prepare for possible future exams. It doesn't matter how much, or how little, prior knowledge of Chemistry you've got as this course will take you through all the necessary stages.
If You just love Organic chemistry !!!! OR Whatever the reason you have for thinking about studying Chemistry further, ENROLL in this course to help you learn and understand the Organic Chemistry basics very easily.
Hey!!! Am Mohammad Abualrub, I have PhD in Organic Chemistry and am Expert in pharmaceutical Industry - +8Years & Expert in teaching Chemistry +4Years.
In this Course we will cover the following topics:
Bonding & Molecular Structure
Introduction to Organic Chemistry
The Structure Theory of Organic Chemistry
Molecular Formula and Structural Formula
Chemical Bonds: The Octet Rule
How to Write Lewis Structures
Exception to Octet Rule
How to write resonance structure
Restricted Rotation of Double Bond
Cis - Trans Isomerism
Sigma Bonds and Pi Bond
Molecular Geometry: The Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion Model
Families of Carbon Compounds - Functional Groups
Polar Covalent Bonds
Physical Properties and Molecular Structure
Ionic Compounds: Ion-Ion Forces
Solubility of Organic Compounds
Inter-molecular Forces (van Der Waals Forces)
Organic Reactions and Their Mechanisms Acids and Bases
Homolysis and Heterolysis of Covalent Bonds
Acid – Base Reactions
Carbocations, Carbanions, Electrophiles and Nucleophiles
The Strength of Brønsted–Lowry-Acids and Bases: Ka and pKa
How to Predict the Outcome of Acid–Base Reactions
Relationships between Structure and Acidity
The Acidity of Carboxylic Acids
A Mechanism for an Organic Reaction
Alkanes & Cycloalkanes
Introduction to Alkanes and Cycloalkanes
Shapes of Alkanes
Physical Properties of Alkanes & Cycloalkanes
Nomenclature of Alkanes & Cycloalkanes
Nomenclature of Branched-Chain Alkanes
Examples - Branched-Chain Alkanes
Nomenclature of Branched Alkyl Groups
Nomenclature of Alkyl Halides
Nomenclature of Alcohol
Nomenclature of Cycloalkanes
Nomenclature of Alkenes, Alcohols & Cycloalkenes
Nomenclature of Alkynes
IUPAC Nomenclature Examples
Bond Rotation and Conformations
Sigma Bonds, Bond Rotation and Conformations
Conformational Analysis of Butane
The Relative Stabilities of Cycloalkanes: Ring Strain
Conformations of Cyclohexane: The Chair & the Boat
Substituted Cyclohexanes: Axial & Equatorial Hydrogen Atoms
Disubstituted Cycloalkanes Cis-Trans Isomerism
Synthesis of Alkanes and Cycloalkanes
Index of hydrogen deficiency (IHD)
Stereochemistry – Chiral Molecules
Chirality & Stereochemistry
Isomerism: Constitutional Isomers & Stereoisomers
Enantiomers and Chiral Molecules
How to Test for Chirality: Planes of Symmetry
Naming Enantiomers: R, S-System
Properties of Enantiomers: Optical Activity
The Synthesis of Chiral Molecules
Molecules with More than One Chirality Center
Fischer Projection Formulas
Nucleophilic Substitution and Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
Nucleophilic Substitution Reactions
Nucleophiles, Leaving Groups
Kinetics of a Nucleophilic Substitution Reaction: An SN2 Reaction
Transition State Theory: Free Energy Diagrams
The SN1 Reaction
A Mechanism for the SN1 Reaction
Factors Affecting the Rates of Reactions - The structure of the substrate
The Effect of the Concentration & Strength of the Nucleophile
Solvent Effects on SN2 Reactions
The nature of the leaving group
Organic Synthesis: Functional Group
Elimination Reactions of Alkyl Halides
The E2 Reaction
The E1 Reaction
How To Determine Whether Substitution or Elimination Is Favored
In addition to that, there are a lot of Examples added to this course in order to enhance students understanding to the contents of this course and get the desired value !!!
30-Day Money Back Guarantee - Risk-Free!
Udemy has an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee so there is no risk. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose! I will stress this as well and stand behind this course, if you feel that you have gained NO VALUE at all within 30 days, I will personally guarantee you a Refund! I am confident in what I have created.
Lets start success together! Click on the “take this course" link at the top right of this page right NOW! Don't let another minute go by not living your dreams.
Dr Mohammad Abualrub PhD in Chemistry Expert in pharmaceutical Industry +8Years & Expert in teaching Chemistry +4Years.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for High School Students, Chemists, Pharmacy student, biology student, and Any Academic Interested student,under graduate or graduate.
- Everyone who has a big passion with chemistry and specifically Organic Chemistry and want to discover more about it.
Hi, my name is Mohammad Abualrub. I have completed Bachelor and Master degree in chemistry in my home country Jordan, then I have joined the Pharmaceutical Industry to work as a Chemical Analyst in Quality Control and Research & Development Departments nearly eight years.
Later I were awarded the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS) by the Malaysian government to study PhD at UPM university in Malaysia.
Currently, am working as Assistant Professor in private university in Jordan for nearly four years, and am teaching (General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry) at faculty of science in my university.
I have a lot of publications in the field of Chemistry and Am interested and expert in some analytical techniques such as Liquid Chromatography and am professional in using HPLC instrument which is used for Drug analysis..
In addition to that, am very interested in online marketing since four years ago and I love it. My skills include writing good articles at different topics, processing and analysis techniques, creating and designing a professional and awesome websites, and many more......
Actually, I love teaching too much and am a passionate believer in life-long learning, and I will do whatever I can to encourage learning for all ages.
Dr Mohammad Abualrub